open.mp forum
[Suggestion] Programming Language - Printable Version

+ open.mp forum (https://forum.open.mp)
-- Forum: open.mp (https://forum.open.mp/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
--- Forum: Questions and Suggestions (https://forum.open.mp/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
--- Thread: [Suggestion] Programming Language (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Programming Language - inertia - 2019-04-14

You guys should consider?the use of a more modern and up-to-date languange. Pawno is a great language thanks to its C syntax and features, but more freedom should be given in order to attract more people.

RE: Programming Language - spacemud - 2019-04-14

The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.

RE: Programming Language - inertia - 2019-04-14

(2019-04-14, 05:29 PM)spacemud Wrote: The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.

Music to my ears.

RE: Programming Language - iReal Worlds - 2019-04-14

SampSharp is a great alternative that I use and contribute to myself.

RE: Programming Language - Jack F. Dunford - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-14, 05:29 PM)spacemud Wrote: The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.

You better!

RE: Programming Language - michael@belgium - 2019-04-15

An OOP language would be great like C#

RE: Programming Language - BigETI - 2019-04-15

PAWN will be just another module for open.mp. To be compatible with SA:MP it will be shipped with the required APIs addidional features added for convenience. You can make any module you like with the provided C API.

RE: Programming Language - inertia - 2019-04-16

(2019-04-15, 06:07 PM)BigETI Wrote: PAWN will be just another module for open.mp. To be compatible with SA:MP it will be shipped with the required APIs addidional features added for convenience. You can make any module you like with the provided C API.

Someone mentioned a C API as well. So, C or C?

RE: Programming Language - Gravityfalls - 2019-04-18

I hope you do get what the modules mean... and for that, you must wait to find out whether C, C, C# or maybe Python or JS. Have some patience until more information is disclosed.

RE: Programming Language - Sasino97 - 2019-04-19

Guys some of you, thanks to the closed-sourceness of Kalcor's SA:MP, really don't see the full potential of this mod.
Of course more languages will be possible, whether supported or not.
I personally support the idea of adding C#, this would create the possibility to use some shared code between open.mp and FiveM or GT-MP. In this case, I cannot not mention SampSharp, which I think it should be fully backwards-compatible with this future open.mp C# support.

RE: Programming Language - michael@belgium - 2019-04-19

(2019-04-19, 05:06 PM)Sasino97 Wrote: which I think it should be fully backwards-compatible with this future open.mp C# support.

Oh yes absolutely, it should just be included as it's already good as it is