open.mp forum
Another platform for coding. - Printable Version

+ open.mp forum (https://forum.open.mp)
-- Forum: General (https://forum.open.mp/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.open.mp/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
--- Thread: Another platform for coding. (/showthread.php?tid=670)

Another platform for coding. - mouiz - 2019-06-22

I've learn alot from?those 4-5 years of coding in PAWN, is there another fun game/platform?which?uses a different language?so i can learn that in similar process. Actually,?that is because i learnt pawn for fun?but now i realized how useful this is. Although i learnt HTML and C# from tutorials but that way was not as effective.

RE: Another platform for coding. - Banditul - 2019-06-22

Well you can build games in Unity with C# or a sa-mp server in C# with SampSharp plugin

Also there is C for game dev in Unreal/Godot

There are many ways to learn a programing language, you just need to find a place to use it so you just dont learn what tutorials give you, instead trying to make a project using the language

RE: Another platform for coding. - mouiz - 2019-06-24

Thanks for suggesting, didn't knew GoDot and Unreal use c

RE: Another platform for coding. - elite - 2019-06-26

Minecraft uses Java for mods and server plugins. Java is pretty close to?C#, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up the syntax.

RE: Another platform for coding. - Archivarius - 2019-06-27

Decide, what you want to learn to code.

Develop games? Mobile apps? Maybe sites?

I think C# is a nice language to start with. You can create Windows apps, Unity games and even try Xamarin (Mobile Dev with C#)

RE: Another platform for coding. - Sasino97 - 2019-07-03

If you want to learn C#, and you are coming from a SA-MP background, I strongly recommend SampSharp as Banditul said.

RE: Another platform for coding. - AmirSavand - 2020-07-17

Follow a tutorial to make a game via?Unity3D using C#.

RE: Another platform for coding. - Tama - 2020-08-28

Atom is the best code editor for html

Visual studio code also the best editor for editing such pawn, c console app, c# console app, android, etc.

It's up to you what type language you want to develop and what code editor did you choose.

RE: Another platform for coding. - Pinch - 2020-08-28

(2019-06-26, 01:35 AM)elite Wrote: Minecraft uses Java for mods and server plugins. Java is pretty close to?C#, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up the syntax.

Imagine writing Java

RE: Another platform for coding. - gzxmx94 - 2020-08-28

Colony Survival if you are comfortable to learn C#. It's easy and quick to get started, almost hassle free. Compared to many other games this one has a perfect startup curve.

But remember to use dnSpy to decompile the game to be able to create better mods. The game creators are okay with that.

RE: Another platform for coding. - elite - 2020-09-26

(2020-08-28, 09:21 AM)Pinch Wrote:
(2019-06-26, 01:35 AM)elite Wrote: Minecraft uses Java for mods and server plugins. Java is pretty close to?C#, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up the syntax.

Imagine writing Java

Oh, I know right? Kotlin for sure.