• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UPDATES, Q&A, SOCIAL MEDIA, ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! ????1??

This week is officially ONE YEAR since we came together to start building open.mp!

Our devs have been working hard around their busy everyday lives and full-time jobs to get the core of the project built, and we are hoping to have it ready for public testing very soon!

We are launching our official social media accounts today, with the intention of giving much more frequent updates, community interaction, and more general open-ness about the project. So follow us to stay up to date! ??

A little look at the modules we've completed so far:

?? Actors
?? Camera
?? Checkpoints
?? Classes
?? Dialogs
?? Legacy Plugins
?? Map
?? Menus
?? Net Stats
?? Objects
?? PAWN
?? Pickups
?? Text 3D
?? Textdraws
?? Timers
?? Vars
?? Vehicles

We have removed all limits - no streamers are required. This means that OMP servers will be able to use unlimited objects, icons, checkpoints, and vehicles!

We also have a brand spankin' new API which will enable other languages to be added to servers easily!

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT OPEN.MP?
Ask your questions below, and we'll do a big Q&A post later in the week where we answer them!

Make sure you join our forum and follow us on social media to get the latest news and updates from our team!

??????????????????????

Quote:?? Website:?
https://www.open.mp/

?? Progress log:?
https://www.open.mp/progress

?? Blog:?
https://www.open.mp/blog

?? Forum:
http://burgershot.gg

?? Facebook:
http://facebook.com/openmultiplayer

?? Twitter:?
http://twitter.com/open_mp?
(this name is temporary, but follow it now and you'll still be following the correct account when the name changes!)

?? Instagram:?
http://instagram.com/openmultiplayer

?? GitHub:?
https://github.com/openmultiplayer

See you soon for testing!

Love,
The open.mp team ??

[Image: ScsSW.jpg]
Still waiting for O:MP, great work, 귫⥹!
Three things you should know about this life:

Do not trust anyone.
Do not beg anyone.
Do not expect anything from anyone.
(2020-04-14, 11:46 AM)Media Wrote: we are hoping to have it ready for public testing very soon!

Fingers crossed! Thanks for all the work you put in!

Here are my questions:
1. Is the legal side of open.mp covered? I'm specifically talking about using the SA:MP client to join open.mp servers.
2. Up to which SA:MP version will open.mp be compatible?
3. Will PAWN remain the only "official" scripting language, ergo maintained by the open.mp devs?
4. What is the dev team's stance on client-side scripting for languages other than PAWN?
5. When can we expect open.mp to accept feature requests?
6. What are going to be the biggest challenges for the new open.mp client?
7. Are there any plans to support GTA:SA versions higher than 1.0?
8. Since this will eventually be open-sourced, how are you planning to decide which features to implement and which not to? Forum polls are not exactly representative.
9. Are there any plans for an in-built anticheat?
10. Will there be a fixed release cycle for new open.mp versions?
11. If custom models are a thing for open.mp, isn't that going to negatively affect modding?
12. Are there plans to fix game-specific bugs like missing collisions or add new ones like drive-by as driver?
13. Will there also be lag compensation for vehicles at some point in the future?
14. What are the challenges you're facing for fully controllable NPCs in favor of pre-recorded ones?
15. What are the challenges for adding singleplayer pedestrians and police AI to the multiplayer?
How easy will be to use other programming language instead of pawn? And will be there any drawbacks or bad sync between the API?
Away
Glad to hear that you're removing all the limits. I've said this a long time ago, let the server devs deal with any issues arising by using too large numbers, rather than limit the possibilities.
[Image: 1wpqfG3.png]

How does the 'no limits' actually work? Are we talking that the object/vehicle pool on server is unlimited, but how does it work in terms of communication with client? Afaik client has limits, so is it like a streamer built in or how does it work?
* Will it be possible to hide/show player HUD elements like health bar, armor bar, map and so on by script ?
* About GUI(dalogs), did you strict to SA-MP like one, or it will be extended to something like "user decide what size dialog he wants, he can add some image or something at the specific place in dialog, put buttons and input box(or even more than one input box)?whenever he wants and so on" ? To be more clearly, is it be like in SA-MP, or we could expect something like in MTA ?
* Will it be possible to upload custom mods like in 0.3 DL version of SA-MP ?
* db_ (database) functions will be stricted to SQLite, or we can use MySQL also with some built in functions?
Some GREAT questions guys, keep them coming! We'll keep this thread open for a couple more days!
1.) Might be a dumb question but is there a chance that CEF will be implemented (or any other alternative to create GUI elements)? Textdraws always been limited, also it lacks aspect ration support (or I don't know how should I word it, https://imgur.com/a/bGTZaJP), plus, it would be cool to use different fonts, etc.
2.) "Attaching" players to entities (vehicles, objects, or even player to player)?
3.) Will be new buttons supported with OnPlayerKeyStateChange?
Smile 
Great. Our community ready for testing :D
(2020-04-15, 05:39 AM)[DoD]Ron Wrote: Great. Our community ready for testing :D

Not yet, but soon :)
(2020-04-15, 07:22 AM)Media Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 05:39 AM)[DoD]Ron Wrote: Great. Our community ready for testing :D

Not yet, but soon :)

How much soon? :P Come on we waited for more than a year, we need more than a "soon"?:D
(2020-04-15, 12:46 PM)Ezio_Auditore Wrote: How much soon? :P Come on we waited for more than a year, we need more than a "soon"?:D

I bet that guys doing it as fast as they can, but don't push them too much :) There is difference between "fast and buggy" and "slow, but bug free" ??
First, thanks for all the hard work you put in this mod. I have a lot of?questions, maybe they are little bit too much detailed but I'm eager to hear what you guys think about it. I hope you don't mind answering all of them!

So here is my list:

1. Is there going to be any?anticheat? Did you plan anything about it??Being able to see what (cheat) mods are loaded into the game? GTA San Andreas folder check? DM communities are ruined by cheats.

2. I guess you are fixing some of the old SA-MP bugs. Will you fix some of the?GTA SA game bugs?

3. Will you accept some of the suggestions gathered over time (Future SA-MP Update Suggestions)?

4. What about support for some extra keys? Also what about key bindings possibility?

5. Will there be support for controlling oxygen/stamina?

6. Will it be possible to get better control over some game features (playing pool, training in gym)?

7. Will there be support for control over different vehicle variants?

8. What about control for vehicle turn indicators if possible? And if it is what are the main challenges you are facing?for adding similiar (game) features into the mod?

9. What about abilities to put actors/npc into the vehicle as passenger?

10. What about control over specific commands and keys (f4 key, /interior, and so on - some of them won't be needed for players)?

11. Will you provide/use some of SA-MP features by Hual? Something like disabling hud parts, disabling some pause menu elements (new game, stats, brief, ...)?

12. I also have some questions about custom stuff.?I saw a poll for this 0.3.DL features and voted definitely yes.?So my question about this is will there be any possible chance for:
  • custom animations

• custom sounds (more something like playsound function instead of loading over stream)

• custom vehicles

• custom weapons

• custom weapon config (being able to hold 9mm pistol like you hold?deagle or even holding uzi like deagle animation -?example)

• custom vehicle handling

• custom fonts

13. If yes, will there be any protection for those files in a way someone can't steal them?

14. Also will there be any support for custom map icons and custom 3D icons (images) - "textdraws"?in 3D, for example adding icons like "paused" player icon when player is AFK (example) and attaching it to vehicles/players/world (x, y, z) like labels?

14.?What do you think in general about this custom stuff I mentioned?

15. Even though I highly support custom stuff added to the game, they will allow people to make non-gta theme servers. What do you think about that?

16. Where do you see openmp in five years?

17. Where do you see samp in five years?

18. When can we expect first official release and ready to use of openmp? This?year, next?

19. Have you ever lost will to continue working on openmp, if yes why, if no why not?

20. When openmp comes to a specific point where it will cover all the sa-mp features, what next (grand) features are you planning for openmp?if you do?

21. As Manyula asked about pedestrians, police AI and so on,?what do you think about that, generally more fluent type of NPC-Actors that have game-original behaviour? It would be cool adding gang members somewhere random on the map and make them act like in singleplayer. Also what about making them not to use server slots?
Thanks guys, I think we have enough for now! We will work on these now :)
Unlimited players?