• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does one cope?
Is it just me or sometimes the things which once?used to bring someone joy just seem bland and tasteless now....Like the mere reasons for someone to crack a smile every day just seem like fading away??

For me personally, I've been struggling with this thought for quite?some time, for two long years I had been waiting to get past a tough period in life where I had no time for myself and now when I'm through, it doesn't seem as joyous as I had imagined, in fact, The reasons which drove me through my tough 2 years just don't excite me anymore! I just lay in bed or eat or casually chat around with friends. Is it just me or does this happen with you all as well? If yes, how does one cope :(
[Image: about.jpg]

welcome to adulthood
Perhaps you're suffering from burnout?

The best way to cope with it is to just take a break, just make sure you force yourself to get back to doing what you enjoy. And once you do it'll be fun again.
You're not the only one here. I've been feeling this since 4-5 years now. This one thing has made achievements senseless to me, and things that others find happiness in, I don't.

Many say that I should do things that gives me satisfaction, or something that gives me a reason to live up to, a goal and something that gives you a sense of achievement.

A few years ago I read this quote on Dignity's Skype profile:?"The greatest gift you can give others is the ability to witness your achievements", and since then, I've tried to bring in all the small improvements I can in myself, to give the people around me a reason to be proud and, which gives me some comfort and satisfaction.

Although I still don't feel completely satisfied, but some sort of this feeling is better than nothing.
(2019-04-14, 06:55 AM)Alaska Wrote: You're not the only one here. I've been feeling this since 4-5 years now. This one thing has made achievements senseless to me, and things that others find happiness in, I don't.

Many say that I should do things that gives me satisfaction, or something that gives me a reason to live up to, a goal and something that gives you a sense of achievement.

A few years ago I read this quote on Dignity's Skype profile:?"The greatest gift you can give others is the ability to witness your achievements", and since then, I've tried to bring in all the small improvements I can in myself, to give the people around me a reason to be proud and, which gives me some comfort and satisfaction.

Although I still don't feel completely satisfied, but some sort of this feeling is better than nothing.

Don't worry brother all will be alright. The internet is a place devoid of empathy the more time?you spend on here the bigger that feeling will become. I grew out of it when I started working full time after a 1-2 year hiatus.
Keep yourself busy with work and hobbies. Pretty much all there is to it unless you have clinical depression.
drugs is always the answer, friend.
Yeet there's a way where you overcome that state of yours men, it's hitting on hot girls till u get one, once you get one you go for a second and then for a third and date the three of them at the same time but neither one of them knows, till it blows up at your face, that's exciting. And then repeat the whole process over and over again. It works 99,9%.
Valkyrie Deathmatch
Soon.
Dialoguing is the best advice.
[Image: uRWFirmaIcantBDn.png]

[Firma = Hypeak]

Help others, that works wonders.

Desensitisation seems to occur in monotonous routines so change things up a bit and do something out of the ordinary.

Another thing I've realised is that everyone has a different social-alone ratio, some like 80% social 20% alone, some like the opposite. Takes time to figure it out but once you do, you can take advantage of knowing it.

And also, finally, it's okay to feel like shit and binge eat and watch youtube for 6 hours straight - as long as you're self aware and don't let it last too long. That's what I've figured out so far anyway! YMMV.
a doggo cures any issue thank you!
i love u all
You are describing the cardinal features of depression and should probably speak to a doctor.

As for helping - very much what others have said.
I know the exact feeling. I suffer from constant depression and anxiety. They feed off of each other. I am get sad and down mainly because I don't leave the house to do anything, and nothing interests me anymore. Yet if I try to leave the house my anxiety kicks in and I stay at home. It's a constant cycle that I've just decided to try to fight off a little at a time. I've been on countless medications and none seem to really help. It's as if I've grown immune to them.

The current medication I am on doesn't do much, but it at least makes it bearable. The only thing I can suggest is talking to a doctor.
(2019-04-15, 12:26 PM)Chase Wrote: I know the exact feeling. I suffer from constant depression and anxiety. They feed off of each other. I am get sad and down mainly because I don't leave the house to do anything, and nothing interests me anymore. Yet if I try to leave the house my anxiety kicks in and I stay at home. It's a constant cycle that I've just decided to try to fight off a little at a time. I've been on countless medications and none seem to really help. It's as if I've grown immune to them.

The current medication I am on doesn't do much, but it at least makes it bearable. The only thing I can suggest is talking to a doctor.

I went through the exact same thing, It gets you down and mostly makes you feel worthless because it limits you to what you're able to do. But honestly it DOES get better with the right help aswell as trying to push yourself (may seem like you already have) but you're stronger and you're the boss. I had to go to therapy aswell as being placed on different medications etc but in the end i got myself sorted, hope you do to.

(2019-04-14, 05:44 AM)cuddlypanda Wrote: Is it just me or sometimes the things which once?used to bring someone joy just seem bland and tasteless now....Like the mere reasons for someone to crack a smile every day just seem like fading away??

For me personally, I've been struggling with this thought for quite?some time, for two long years I had been waiting to get past a tough period in life where I had no time for myself and now when I'm through, it doesn't seem as joyous as I had imagined, in fact, The reasons which drove me through my tough 2 years just don't excite me anymore! I just lay in bed or eat or casually chat around with friends. Is it just me or does this happen with you all as well? If yes, how does one cope :(

Surround yourself with positive people, don't be afraid/ashamed to ask for help.
It's age, that influences too much.
It is very normal for your interests and hobbies to change as you get older - just because something brought you joy last year doesn't mean that it will forever! As you try new things and experience different parts of life, it's inevitable that you'll get new interests and lose some old ones.

One thing that helped me a lot was a change of mindset. I used to sit around on the PC all day saying "idk what to do with my life, nothing interests me, nothing is coming to me" and that was exactly the problem - these things don't just come to you, you have to make the effort to go out and find them. I know that it's scary to go and try new things, and sometimes you feel kinda dumb being like "I'm gonna try ____________ today" - trust me, this is exactly how I felt. But I did it anyway, and I feel like a whole new person now. I still have a long way to go, but trying something new has encouraged me to KEEP trying new things, it's like a cycle of motivation. It doesn't matter if you try something and hate it, at least you tried, and now you can move on to something else once you've given it a fair chance.

It's also worth noting that just because you hate something at first, doesn't mean you always will. I tried Martial Arts for a couple of weeks (something I never, ever would have seen myself doing, I'm not sporty at all and have never done a sport in my life!) and I hated it at first. I cried every time I got in the car after my classes, and told myself I didn't want to go back. And I didn't for a while, I took a few months off until I felt ready to try again, and I'm so freaking happy that I decided to do that, because now it's quickly becoming one of my favourite things in this world. I train at least 5 times a week (usually 7-8) and wish I had time for more.

I have spent my entire life playing games all day everyday, and have spent the last couple of years of my life believing that I belong in a career in the gaming industry - and working towards that. And I do work in the gaming industry now, but now that I have found other hobbies I am not as obsessed with gaming anymore. I think that it was my main hobby simply because I didn't have any others, and I didn't really realise that I could possibly enjoy other stuff. Don't get me wrong, it'll always be my love, I'm not going anywhere :P I just have realised that there is more to life, I guess.

You'll find your thing, just keep trying!
Follow me on: Twitter/X | Instagram | Twitch
hey you're like me! welcome to the club
(2019-04-20, 01:16 AM)Josh Wrote: hey you're like me! welcome to the club

TBH I'm willing to bet about 90% of the samp community (and gaming communities in general) feel the exact same way. I think that's how we all ended up here initially, even if we didn't realise it.
Follow me on: Twitter/X | Instagram | Twitch
(2019-04-20, 02:16 AM)Potassium Wrote:

TBH I'm willing to bet about 90% of the samp community (and gaming communities in general) feel the exact same way. I think that's how we all ended up here initially, even if we didn't realise it.

Bet

Most of the players of the san andreas multiplayer community have a rough time irl. This is an escape from reality for them.
Meow
(2019-04-21, 10:42 AM)Wolf Wrote:

Bet

Most of the players of the san andreas multiplayer community have a rough time irl. This is an escape from reality for them.

That's why video games has been made for, isn't it ?

Trying to recreate a life you can't get until you realise that your body doesn't define your soul and you can become whatever you want. Keep your head up, you can do it.

This ^

hi fren, welcome to the club
Thank you everyone for your replies though, means a lot :)
[Image: about.jpg]

I have been suffering from severe stress for a very long time. I recently started taking CBD gummies canada in hopes of getting rid of it. Everyone reacts to stress in their own way. The common thing in all reactions is a negative effect on the psyche and on the physical condition. Personally, I become aggressive, and my mood worsens. It happens that stress causes other reactions, such as silence, detachment, passivity, and isolation. It all depends on the type of temperament.
(2019-04-14, 06:55 AM)Gravityfalls Wrote: You're not the only one here. I've been feeling this since 4-5 years now. This one thing has made achievements senseless to me, and things that others find happiness in, I don't.

I understand how you've been going through a challenging time and experiencing difficulty in obtaining satisfaction and happiness from your achievements. It's commendable that you are trying to constantly strive to both maintain and excel yourself and also to make others proud. Remember that it's alright to feel unhappy from time to time; life is merely a journey of ups and downs. Prioritize self-growth, set realistic objectives, and treat yourself kindly. If required, seek support from family or a skilled professional. Keep progressing, and eventually, you may attain the fulfillment that you desire. Take small actions toward achieving your well-being, and always bear in mind that you deserve to be nourished and fulfilled. Stay strong and don't hold back from asking for help whenever you require it. thank you