• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about open.mp and SAxVCxLC
Question 
Hello!

First things first: let me say i searched the forums but cant find anything remotely similar to what i'm going to ask. If indeed there are other similar threads and i wasn't able to find, i humbly sorry.

SAxVCxLC, which for those who don't know is a mod who add the landmasses of Vice City and Liberty City (GTA III) alongside (not replacing) San Andreas.

From their Readme:

Quote:Adds the GTA Vice City and Liberty City maps into GTA San Andreas. GTA SA remains fully playable and moddable: mods for SA work also with SAxVCxLC. SAxVCxLC is clean basis for modding by external mods.

I don't know what will be the stance of open.mp about support for TCs, so i'm here to ask if the devs have intentions, even for long term, to add some kind of support for this expanded gameworld, i mean a way to start a server and be able to, via pawn, interact with the other landmasses (place objects, teleport players, etc).

Particularly for me that would be a huge draw-in to make a server after all those years.

Thanks in advance for all your work with open.mp keeping the community alive!
IF open.mp supports SA:MP 0.3DL, You can add custom objects (and skins) to your server. This will allow you to add LC and VC to your servers' game world. There were some "example" scripts floating around at the time that did this.
(2020-11-12, 11:54 AM)Gforcez Wrote: IF open.mp supports SA:MP 0.3DL, You can add custom objects (and skins) to your server. This will allow you to add LC and VC to your servers' game world. There were some "example" scripts floating around at the time that did this.

Unfortunately seems like SAxVCxLC require more than the objects to work.

First it needs an limit adjuster to add so much content (it particularly uses?fastman92limitAdjuster), also it ships with some CLEO scripts to restore features hidden in SA code from the previous versions (like car bomb garages), and expand the map correctly (adding VC and GTA III landmasses to it).

In SA:MP there used to have some obscure options in the cfg file to allow better compatibility with some Total Conversions, maybe something similar for open.mp (alongside some special support both in the client - reproducing the scripts SAxVCxLC add via CLEO/ASI - and the server - to make it "aware" of the gameworld expansion) would be sufficient to properly support it.

BTW i created an issue on SAxVCxLC repository to see what will be their answer, i hope maybe an "alternative" shipment of the mod in 0.3DL format would be possible, but the map detail alone would need to be tweaked around in some form. Plus i'm not aware if the server can handle the expanded gameworld (post the normal boundaries).