• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything smartphone related
Thread to discuss about the newest smartphones, feautures, android updates, iOS updates etc.

Recently I bought myself a Nokia 7 plus for $342 (which was the lowest price in my country), and I gotta say, it's worth every penny. It's rigid (metal housing a metal plate inside), has 4 gigs of ram, 64 gigs of storage, strong CPU, octa core, 6 inch screen... has everything I wanted basically.

My only (and other's people) criticism is the stock camera software, which for a ZEISS camera, could be better. GCam fixes it though.

Hope Nokia/HMD Global will bring even more surprises this year, cause so far they're doing pretty good.
Meow
i have an LG q6 and its a pretty decent phone but i smashed the screen and its fucked.

repairing it costs almost more then the phone it self so yeah im looking for a new affordable phone
I've got a OnePlus 3T (and before it a 1) and I've no reason to complain. I'm not a big phone guy so I just need it to work and not cost ?999.
I have a J7 Pro (Samsung), blue, metal, has 4gb of ram, I think it's a good phone, I cost between $ 350 - $ 400 again.
[Image: oN9R4KR.gif]

Away
I'm currently looking forward to the Librem 5.

I've owned an iphone 6 before and upgraded (through contract) to an XS, which I kinda feel like was unnecessary. It was kinda cool when I got it, I liked the new features like AR and such, but it kinda faded and I don't really care anymore. At the end of the day it is just a phone. I wanted a newish device with iOS since I'm used to it and I like the stability, longevity of the device. Don't get me wrong, there are drawbacks to iOS and the Apple eco system, but I can live with it.
Previous phones I've had were:

Some old nokia, similiar to the 3310, but I can't remember much of it.
Nokia 2700 First phone I got myself
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S3
iPhone 6 and now the XS I probably won't buy another flagship, it was cool, but I've become desensitised to this stuff over the years. At the end of the day all I want from my phone to work, which in the old android days wasn't guaranteed.
Pocophone masterrace reporting in
Huawei Y7 Prime.
(2019-04-14, 06:30 PM)hual Wrote: Pocophone masterrace reporting in

pocophone f1 here o/
(2019-04-15, 02:47 AM)X337 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 06:30 PM)hual Wrote: Pocophone masterrace reporting in

pocophone f1 here o/

BASED

it's a great phone except for the headphone jack being on the top right and the screen lighting up every time you touch the fingerprint sensor
Motorola G5(s)Plus 4, Dual Camera and all. The only complaint I have is that Moto devs can't code for shit and the camera software is just bad. I had to use a gcam port which takes amazing shots but bugs out sometimes and starts delivering Grey photos. Other than that, it's a pretty solid phone for a very low pricetag.
[Image: about.jpg]

[Image: dy1nZ3V.jpg]

Xaomi Redmi Note 7

6GB RAM

64 GB of internal space and I don't know more information haha
best phone Iphone XS
[Image: oN9R4KR.gif]

Away
I never dont like the apple products, but when i buyed my first iphone (iphone 7 128GB black) in 2017, I told myself that never anything else. xd
OG

Since of 2011

Discord: zeetayn#2166

Coming from someone who works on Apple products but vouches for Android. Anything that isn't Apple, is decent. Apple, not so much.
(2019-04-15, 10:52 PM)homelessdrop Wrote: I never dont like the apple products, but when i buyed my first iphone (iphone 7 128GB black) in 2017, I told myself that never anything else. xd

It has been going in a downward spriral since the 7. The removal of the jack that for some reason (nearly) every manufacturer copies. The notch isn't that bad, you get used to it after a while.
iPhone X.
Sold iphone 6s about a month or so, bought s9, can't get used to shitty keyboard and accidental touching edges, but i guess fuck it, performance and battery flawless which what matters to me.

Planning on switching to iOS again, when the prices drops for X
[Image: 560x95_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png]
(2019-04-16, 08:29 AM)LaszloR1 Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 10:52 PM)homelessdrop Wrote: I never dont like the apple products, but when i buyed my first iphone (iphone 7 128GB black) in 2017, I told myself that never anything else. xd

It has been going in a downward spriral since the 7. The removal of the jack that for some reason (nearly) every manufacturer copies. The notch isn't that bad, you get used to it after a while.

It's quite obvious why everyone's removing the jack: $ $ $ and $

(2019-04-15, 09:50 AM)cuddlypanda Wrote: Motorola G5(s)Plus 4, Dual Camera and all. The only complaint I have is that Moto devs can't code for shit and the camera software is just bad. I had to use a gcam port which takes amazing shots but bugs out sometimes and starts delivering Grey photos. Other than that, it's a pretty solid phone for a very low pricetag.

I was looking to buy it but my budget raised so I got myself the Nokia
Meow
Had an iPhone 8 for about two years now.

Believe the Huawei 20 Pro has a really nice camera if that's your thing.
Huawei P30 pro es una maquina, vale la pena
Nokia 3310.
Valkyrie Deathmatch
Soon.
(2019-04-21, 03:55 PM)Escoburger Wrote: Nokia 3310.

Hello fellow nokia fren.
(2019-04-21, 06:03 PM).5150 Wrote: Hello fellow nokia fren.

Holla

#NokiaGang
Valkyrie Deathmatch
Soon.
(2019-04-21, 06:42 PM)Escoburger Wrote:
(2019-04-21, 06:03 PM).5150 Wrote: Hello fellow nokia fren.

Holla

#NokiaGang

#nokia4life
Meow
Samsung S7 Edge at the moment. Should be good for another two years as it still looks pretty new after a year of usage.
I use Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.

I like Xiaomi phones. They are pretty cheap (if compare to other manufactures) and powerful.

MIUI is also nice solution. But sometimes I feel that there are too much Chinese software xD
Android Developer from Ukraine, Dnipro.

#languages: Ukrainian, English, Polish, Russian.

#programming_languages: Kotlin, Java,?PHP, JS
I use the Razer Phone, purely because of the battery and the amazing speakers.

I used to have the Google phones like Nexus 5 and Nexus 6p. But Razer does it better and I like the square style over the rounded stuff most phones are going for.

I might upgrade to the Razer Phone 2 if I feel it's worth it, which right now I am happy with my current phone. :D
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
BlackBerry Priv. Had 2 nokian phones before the smartphone age that both had full QWERTY keyboards and were amazing to type on. Ever since I got my first touchscreen smartphone typing has felt like a downgrade. I will never understand how humanity moved from physical buttons to tapping a solid glass pane.

As for my current phone, yeah, slider phone with a full keyboard running Android, which is basically all I need. Camera is also amazing and battery life is solid.

Feels like the phone is just a few years too old though, as the older smartphone processors really like to get hot and the Priv is no exception. Patiently waiting for BlackBerry to release a Priv 2 as I am not that fond of the Key series' screen size and aspect ratio.
Currently using the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Black Onyx) since March 2016. Had a signal problem later that year and managed to solve it in 2017.

Other than that, it is my favorite phone and I will upgrade once it dies.
(2019-04-15, 09:50 AM)cuddlypanda Wrote: Motorola G5(s)Plus 4, Dual Camera and all. The only complaint I have is that Moto devs can't code for shit and the camera software is just bad. I had to use a gcam port which takes amazing shots but bugs out sometimes and starts delivering Grey photos. Other than that, it's a pretty solid phone for a very low pricetag.

I have the?Moto?G5 Plus?too and I absolutely love this phone.

It's an?8-core Snapdragon 625, with about?4GB of RAM, and it was really cheap compared to other smartphones of the same level.

I am running?a custom Android 9.0 Pie ROM:?crDroid,?because the manufacturers?were stuck at 7.0 Nougat. It was quite easy to unlock the bootloader and gain root access on this phone. Now I don't have any Lenovo/Motorola apps, only stock Android and Gapps.

I hated the "Hello Moto"?boot animation lol it just sucks, so I replaced it with the standard Google boot animation.

The worst drawback is that this phone?(at least this particular model?which is XT1685),?does not have a compass!?This is what angered me the most, but all the other things work perfectly, including the fingerprint sensor which is really fast at unlocking my phone.
(2019-06-11, 07:18 AM)Sasino97 Wrote:

I have the?Moto?G5 Plus?too and I absolutely love this phone.

It's an?8-core Snapdragon 625, with about?4GB of RAM, and it was really cheap compared to other smartphones of the same level.

I am running?a custom Android 9.0 Pie ROM:?crDroid,?because the manufacturers?were stuck at 7.0 Nougat. It was quite easy to unlock the bootloader and gain root access on this phone. Now I don't have any Lenovo/Motorola apps, only stock Android and Gapps.

I hated the "Hello Moto"?boot animation lol it just sucks, so I replaced it with the standard Google boot animation.

The worst drawback is that this phone?(at least this particular model?which is XT1685),?does not have a compass!?This is what angered me the most, but all the other things work perfectly, including the fingerprint sensor which is really fast at unlocking my phone.

Is crDroid work?well?

What's about cameras, heating level during using the phone and etc?

Custom ROMs have some problems pretty often :/
Android Developer from Ukraine, Dnipro.

#languages: Ukrainian, English, Polish, Russian.

#programming_languages: Kotlin, Java,?PHP, JS