• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] What should I use, Linux or Windows, for server development?
Hi there,

I remember back then when I was newbie in pawn scripting, I use the IDE who come within server files, called pawno. All this on Windows platform

The good thing on this is that after compile the script I could test it quickly by opening SA:MP and do the testing of the script playing by myself.

There is a similar way to do this on Linux? Or how should I work on Linux in order to test scripts?
Sorry for double post, was unintentionally
Windows for seamless testing, you can use wine and such on Linux to test with SA there too but it is probably buggy.
(2021-02-27, 06:36 PM)Josh Wrote: Windows for seamless testing, you can use wine and such on Linux to test with SA there too but it is probably buggy.

It is not, not at all. Feels like it runs more stable if anything

Plus under Wine you can run several instances of the game which didn't seem to be possible on windows the last time I tried it. Really useful for when testing needs multiple players.
I think its better windows (for games) if you using develop for something else then Linux and i recommend Elementary OS, its like MAC and easy to use just you need few days to learn all commands.
Project Moonlight (full omp, from scratch)
UGMP Developer

Quote:Learned that people are evil, not all, but most of them. The lesson they gave me made me look at the world with open eyes and understand the harsh reality. To succeed in life, work in silence, tailoring the future on your foundation
I think you can apply for any game developer position you wish with your experience. Also, suppose you feel uncomfortable and want to improve your game development skills. In that case, I suggest you try programming simple card games like solitaire or poker?the more sample of these kinds of games you can find on the solitaire online platform. IF you have any further questions about this topic, let me know via private messages, I will be glad to help.
I now see the world clearly and am aware of how harsh reality is because to the lesson they provided me. Put in quiet labor and build your foundation if you want to thrive in life. puppet hockey