• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual monitors with San Andreas
Hi guys

Does anyone use dual monitors for GTA?

Is possible to use one monitor for GTA and second for other things(scripting,reading forum, facebook etc)

I have problem with it.When I switch to second monitor my GTA freeze.

Thanks
Hi! It is very possible to use multiple monitors with SA-MP. Does GTA freeze in the not responding and then crashing sense or do you mean it just not moving while you're working on something on the other monitor? If the first it is a common issue with GTA. Some things that might fix it:

Running it in a compatibility mode. Like winxp, win7, etc. (Right click on gta_sa.exe, properties, compatibility)

You could also try to run it as an administrator.

If these don't work try looking online for more solutions.
(2021-03-18, 09:36 AM)LaszloR1 Wrote: Hi! It is very possible to use multiple monitors with SA-MP. Does GTA freeze in the not responding and then crashing sense or do you mean it just not moving while you're working on something on the other monitor? If the first it is a common issue with GTA. Some things that might fix it:

Running it in a compatibility mode. Like winxp, win7, etc. (Right click on gta_sa.exe, properties, compatibility)

You could also try to run it as an administrator.

If these don't work try looking online for more solutions.

I mean on second problem ( "or do you mean it just not moving while you're working on something on the other monitor?" )

I want to follow game(SA-MP) and work something on the second monitor.It will be very useful for me.
I see, well. I remember opcodeexe making a mod where you can run multiple instances of SA-MP at the same time, but that only works on 0.3.7. I can't remember any other solutions to this sadly.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnNub36mvY]

Edit: I looked into it a bit more and ThirteenAG's Widescreen fix contains an option to allow this.
https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Widescreen.../tag/gtasa

After installing you need to navigate to the "scripts/" folder and open "GTASA.WidescreenFix.ini". You need to edit "AllowAltTabbingWithoutPausing = 0" to "AllowAltTabbingWithoutPausing = 1".
I will try it now.

Thank you
Can you talk more about GTA??

Raymond L. Collier
(2021-03-17, 08:15 PM)GospodinX Wrote: Hi guys

Does anyone use dual monitors for GTA?

Is possible to use one monitor for GTA and second for other things(scripting,reading forum, facebook etc)

I have problem with it.When I switch to second monitor my GTA freeze.

Thanks
This is likely due to a conflict with the graphics drivers or the game settings. You can try:
- Try changing the game settings to windowed or borderless windowed mode.
- Disable "Pause Game On Focus Loss" in the game settings.
- If you are using a NVIDIA graphics card, try disabling "G-SYNC" in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- If you are using a dual-GPU setup, try disabling SLI in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Jump your way to the finish line in Getaway Shootout, a fun and chaotic game that's easy to learn but difficult to master.