• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Question] So is it dead?
https://open.mp/progress

2 months last update here.

Honestly, many have lost hopes about this.

SA-MP has no active developer (Kalcor), it's done.

UGMP is another shit which has worse performance than GTA Online for computers and tons of bugs/crashes and bad client,

And open-mp is just terribly slow progress.

I mean, at december video in youtube, it was told " beta server coming soon ", so is soon, 2022?

I don't see anything neither beta server nor anything released this year.

Gotta say, this project had a lot of hype, but having so many members in the team and not being able to finish it, Already few years passed.

Honestly, R.I.P All the multiplayers for GTA:SA. 85% of english speaking people already left this game long ago. Now there are only bots and hackers.
This conversation comes up time after time - the answer is always the same: No, it's not dead, it will come when it's ready.

(Note that I have no connection with the dev team but I'm sure this is pretty much their answer)

I will say though that obviously a lot of people here will agree with you. It's not that any of us have any particular hate towards the devs or think that they're doing anything wrong - any work they do for us to enjoy for free is obviously awesome charity. I still must admit that it definitely has been a long time waiting and looks like it will be a lot more coming.

I'm here hoping that at least the project will eventually be done "on time" - meaning "not too late". I don't want the project to die off because it was forgotten about before it even got done.
Let's be honest, even if they make it happen not many people will use it anyways.
If you start a project, the first period is most critical.

Most likely if you don't have something to show in the early stages, you won't be able to progress and as time passes you will be discouraged more and more.

Wish this worked out, would have been great probably.
(2021-05-09, 03:20 AM)ZyZu. Wrote: Let's be honest, even if they make it happen not many people will use it anyways.
Tell me you know nothing about open.mp without telling me that you know nothing about open.mp

Everyone is gonna use it. Why?
It's basically fixes.inc just server-sided (first release, thus faster/more reliable/better API/etc.)
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
??? ? ??????? ???? ? ?????? ? ?????? ???????
<huge signature disabled>
I'm also still waiting.
(2021-05-10, 04:45 PM)Pinch Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 03:20 AM)ZyZu. Wrote: Let's be honest, even if they make it happen not many people will use it anyways.

Tell me you know nothing about open.mp without telling me that you know nothing about open.mp

Everyone is gonna use it. Why?

It's basically fixes.inc just server-sided (first release, thus faster/more reliable/better API/etc.)

I think their point is the simple fact that most people only see SA-MP as a dead "thing" of the past. Most either moved over to MTA,?FiveM or Rage-MP.

Not everyone got their memo that there are projects like "Open-MP" out there trying to revive a clinically dead project.
(2021-05-27, 03:15 PM)iNorton Wrote: I think their point is the simple fact that most people only see SA-MP as a dead "thing" of the past. Most either moved over to MTA,?FiveM or Rage-MP.

Not everyone got their memo that there are projects like "Open-MP" out there trying to revive a clinically dead project.

SA-MP has more players than MTA and RageMP. You can confirm this in the masterlists. SA-MP just doesn't have any more updates yet it is still quite popular.
(2021-05-28, 01:10 AM)xbruno1000x Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 03:15 PM)iNorton Wrote: I think their point is the simple fact that most people only see SA-MP as a dead "thing" of the past. Most either moved over to MTA,?FiveM or Rage-MP.

SA-MP has more players than MTA and RageMP. You can confirm this in the masterlists. SA-MP just doesn't have any more updates yet it is still quite popular.

Try not to calculate the numerous servers filled with bots, then you will see the real numbers. For most, SA-MP is dead, simply because it no longer facilitates their needs, e.g. gamemodes as most communities shutdown (with such said GM, and in this case RP)

Without a centralized community, it will sooner or later dry itself out with a lack of support and accessibility to advertise its servers, as I said earlier. Not everyone knows of Burgershot and its existence nor any other communities like these.
open.mp will take as long as it takes. We are not paid developers, we all have stuff in life to get on with, jobs, relationships, family, etc. We can only amount so much of our time to this project. Sure progress is slow, but slow is better then releasing a half baked product and getting the same feedback as you gave for UG:MP. Patience is a virtue.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
We're opening a server today. Ask me tomorrow what I think!
Check out Desolation Roleplay, where zombie AI and scavenging is bothered by player bandits!

If you don't make any living out of the project, then the project will take so much time and eventually overall playerbase is just too small at the release of this product.

But those two month breaks in the updates are still weird so nobody from the development team doesnt find like 2 hours a day to make developments for this project.