• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] The open.mp should be released
Even though some people think open.mp will not be good, this thread for example: https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=464

I think the open.mp team should release a version, here is the reason:

Sa-mp is more stable than MTA, i've played mta years ago, and it crashes more than sa-mp.

Open-mp has backward compatibility, thats something awesome and good.

Sa-mp has more servers than MTA:SA and this should be released.

-

Hows the progress on open.mp? When will a release be expected? This game is so awesome, and its not getting old by days.

// NoxxeR
(2021-07-15, 10:03 AM)NoxxeR Wrote: Even though some people think open.mp will not be good, this thread for example: https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=464

I think the open.mp team should release a version, here is the reason:

Sa-mp is more stable than MTA, i've played mta years ago, and it crashes more than sa-mp.

Open-mp has backward compatibility, thats something awesome and good.

Sa-mp has more servers than MTA:SA and this should be released.

-

Hows the progress on open.mp? When will a release be expected? This game is so awesome, and its not getting old by days.

// NoxxeR

SA:MP is not stable at all, it can crash for whatever reason because it does not handle with the game very well. Also - pretty sure MTA:SA have way more servers than SA:MP.

Open.MP should be released when its fully stable, if it will be released too soon, it could just fail, marked as unstable, low-end product that isn't good either for players or developers.
(2021-07-15, 05:38 PM)Allerek Wrote: SA:MP is not stable at all, it can crash for whatever reason because it does not handle with the game very well. Also - pretty sure MTA:SA have way more servers than SA:MP.

Open.MP should be released when its fully stable, if it will be released too soon, it could just fail, marked as unstable, low-end product that isn't good either for players or developers.

For me Sa-mp might have crashed 50 times in 2 years of playing, thats not so many times. Mostly if someone in the server lags alot.

When i played mtavc, it crashed every hour or something, this was back in 2004. SA-MP is a good client, and not that bad, i hope open.mp will be better though!
(2021-07-15, 07:28 PM)NoxxeR Wrote:
(2021-07-15, 05:38 PM)Allerek Wrote: SA:MP is not stable at all, it can crash for whatever reason because it does not handle with the game very well. Also - pretty sure MTA:SA have way more servers than SA:MP.

For me Sa-mp might have crashed 50 times in 2 years of playing, thats not so many times. Mostly if someone in the server lags alot.

When i played mtavc, it crashed every hour or something, this was back in 2004. SA-MP is a good client, and not that bad, i hope open.mp will be better though!

And btw, since MTA:VC(0.5) it got full rewrite, because its now OpenSource, and back then the code was Closed, so it could not be used due to licenses.

MTA:SA in 2004 was setting its first steps really, now its one of the biggest multiplayer games in the world tbh, doing statements looking at 17 YEARS BACK, is really... not smart.
Almost every month someone asks when are they releasing it, take a look at the progress nobody opened anything in months don't expect anything to happen honestly. Developers are not saying a word to the community pretty much it's the same situation what we had on the main SA-MP forum.
OpenMp should release when it's ready.
They've been talking about the development lately in their Discord and looks like they're close to the finishing line,?it only needs some polishing. Let's hope everything will be fine, fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed but man..mid 2021..
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
I'm excited! So only polishing? Should be soon then.
(2021-07-17, 05:18 AM)ZyZu. Wrote: Almost every month someone asks when are they releasing it, take a look at the progress nobody opened anything in months don't expect anything to happen honestly. Developers are not saying a word to the community pretty much it's the same situation what we had on the main SA-MP forum.

Who exactly did you contact with? I just want to know who didn't answer your questions regarding progress of this project.

And also, despite repeating this over and over and telling people not everything is being showed publicly, yet people only talk and give opinions based on what they see in progress page and omp-git channel

For the love of god, **NOT EVERYTHING IS PUBLIC**,?so do not make assumptions.

Also again, I'd appreciate to know about this and who you contacted with:

Quote:Developers are not saying a word to the community pretty much it's the same situation what we had on the main SA-MP forum.

(2021-07-18, 12:12 AM)iAmir Wrote: Who exactly did you contact with? I just want to know who didn't answer your questions regarding progress of this project.

And also, despite repeating this over and over and telling people not everything is being showed publicly, yet people only talk and give opinions based on what they see in progress page and omp-git channel

For the?love of god, **NOT EVERYTHING IS PUBLIC**,?so do not make assumptions.

Also again, I'd appreciate to know about this and who you contacted with:

Why would I need to contact anyone to get answers about the progress??

Isn't it why this?https://open.mp/progress?was made for? If it ain't being used no point of having it. I never made false assumptions, that's what the community can see, lack of communication of the progress. Members are not just here to give out suggestions they expect something back as well.?You do you, not my business anymore.
(2021-07-18, 08:17 AM)ZyZu. Wrote: Why would I need to contact anyone to get answers about the progress?

I don't know, then why did you say this in here:

Quote:Developers are not saying a word to the community pretty much it's the same situation what we had on the main SA-MP forum.

You also implied it's the same situation with samp where people are not able to contact developers.

So yes, it totally means you tried to contact with us but we didn't answer your questions which is a very bold assumption/statement.

If you don't expect us to say anything and if you think there's no need to contact with anyone to get answers about progress, do not rant about it and stay calm, but if you did, you can simply give me a name. Because you literally complained about with exactly these words:

Quote:

Developers are not saying a word to the community pretty much it's the same situation what we had on the main SA-MP forum.

(2021-07-18, 08:17 AM)ZyZu. Wrote: Isn't it why this?https://open.mp/progress?was made for? If it ain't being used no point of having it. I never made false assumptions, that's what the community can see, lack of communication of the progress. Members are not just here to give out suggestions they expect something back as well.?You do you, not my business anymore.

I'm sorry if you are hurt by what I said earlier, but it's true, open.mp/progress is from old version of website and we only added it to new version AGAIN because you guys were asking for it, even though we have already mentioned hundreds of times, not everything is public and we don't do full transparency, yet again you're here complaining about that.

If you think there's no point of having that webpage, it's open source and it's on our github, it's as easy as removing a directory so hand us a help if you think it's necessary and remove it, make a Pull Request, and if everything went good, we accept your removal of progress page.

Quote:lack of communication of the progress

Communication of progress? what does that mean? is it still about the webpage or you mean lack of communication with team members? because obviously second one has been an option since very beginning, you can tag any of team members on discord and ask whatever you want even if it's not related to open.mp development :)

Quote:?You do you, not my business anymore.

Great attitude, hope I've answered all of your questions and unclear opinions

And at last, here's a proof it's not dead and it's being worked on

null

if you can't have it, it's your issue, so I let you decide to believe or not.

Have a great day.
How does the backward compatibility work? :) So you can join any sa-mp server just like that and play with them?
(2021-08-04, 01:17 PM)NoxxeR Wrote: How does the backward compatibility work? :) So you can join any sa-mp server just like that and play with them?
Can you like log out and never log in again?
For the fucks sake this was answered at least 8 times just in the initial week and here you're spamming us with pLs RelAsE pLs
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2021-08-04, 02:38 PM)Pinch Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 01:17 PM)NoxxeR Wrote: How does the backward compatibility work? :) So you can join any sa-mp server just like that and play with them?

For the fucks sake this was answered at least 8 times just in the initial week and here you're spamming us with pLs RelAsE pLs

Whats your problem dude? I care for open.mp and want it released, so everyone can play and have fun, I'm not spamming I just want to care for this mod.

Please link to the post where its been answered, how this works, sounds very cool that it is backward compatible though. ;)
(2021-08-04, 05:55 PM)NoxxeR Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 02:38 PM)Pinch Wrote:

Whats your problem dude? I care for open.mp and want it released, so everyone can play and have fun, I'm not spamming I just want to care for this mod.

Please link to the post where its been answered, how this works, sounds very cool that it is backward compatible though. ;)

FAQ, Q&A and not just Potassium but Y_less and Southclaws talked about this countless of times, it's literally what are you supposed to see FIRST on open.mp's landing page.

All you've been doing is sending meaningless s**t that's already been sent TWO YEARS AGO...

>so everyone can play and have fun

How that makes any sense, the first release is server only (or for idiots: the samp-server.exe file), that means you already can do the exact same stuff you'd be able to do on the first release so what's the point of hurrying it up?
Using Pawn.CMD?