• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The progress of Open.mp is great?
How is it going now with the progress of Open Multiplayer for GTA San Andreas? GTA San Andreas is a good game, and the sa-mp has a very good and stable source engine, so it will be something good i believe, even better than sa-mp if its backward compatibility.

Would you be able to release it sooner if you have more developers on the engine? Or will it take similar time to release a beta version of Open.mp whether or not you get more developers?

However the game will be great,

I have a suggestion is that you put some adverts in the start of the screen, before the loading screen like in sa-mp, so you can gain money. Then you can pay some of the devloping cost.

This game/engine will attract many users. Believe me, everybody remembers sa-mp, plus this game engine has backward compatibility with the old sa-mp so it'll be a very good multiplayer game, gta sa is just awesome ;)

The open.mp website needs to be improved as well, so it'll be cool to browse it. If you need help with the website design i know a few websites where you could download themes for this, wordpress script is good as well if you post news and other stuff.
Open.mp will be more fun than GTA 5, even with rage multiplayer. So open.mp will blast away the other multiplayer engines out there, it'll be well programmed and stable i believe, if its the same source as sa-mp then it'll be very awesome. ;)

Maybe somebody will release Partyserver again, for Open.mp instead of Sa-mp, some of us miss partyserver https://steamcommunity.com/groups/PartyServerSAMP
(2021-12-06, 04:53 PM)NoxxeR Wrote: Open.mp will be more fun than GTA 5, even with rage multiplayer. So open.mp will blast away the other multiplayer engines out there, it'll be well programmed and stable i believe, if its the same source as sa-mp then it'll be very awesome. ;)

Maybe somebody will release Partyserver again, for Open.mp instead of Sa-mp, some of us miss partyserver https://steamcommunity.com/groups/PartyServerSAMP

lol no
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
No hate against the staff members / developers, but he posted this topic for almost 2 weeks and none of you had the time to give him an answer to any of his questions.
(2021-12-15, 11:58 PM)ZyZu. Wrote: No hate against the staff members / developers, but he posted this topic for almost 2 weeks and none of you had the time to give him an answer to any of his questions.

I suggest you to ask those on their Discord. This forum is completely dead. Also, open.mp team isn't really keen to share infos as far as I saw. Last time they said that the server is done since two months, they're still testing it and they planned to put the project on beta "soon". So no date yet, can be in a week or even in months
Discord is full of incels, no ty
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2021-12-16, 02:56 PM)Ezio_Auditore Wrote:
(2021-12-15, 11:58 PM)ZyZu. Wrote: No hate against the staff members / developers, but he posted this topic for almost 2 weeks and none of you had the time to give him an answer to any of his questions.

I suggest you to ask those on their Discord. This forum is completely dead. Also, open.mp team isn't really keen to share infos as far as I saw. Last time they said that the server is done since two months, they're still testing it and they planned to put the project on beta "soon". So no date yet, can be in a week or even in months

ZyZu has a point, we need to get a update on how it looks right now, im sure everybody wanna beta-test so we need a progress update in these forums.

And the new forums are not very attractive, like this one, mybb is better, why not improve the domain on this one instead of making a new forum. ? https://forums.open.mp/ should load this board, with a new fresh logo that says open multiplayer not Burgershot.
(2021-12-16, 02:56 PM)Ezio_Auditore Wrote: I suggest you to ask those on their Discord. This forum is completely dead. Also, open.mp team isn't really keen to share infos as far as I saw. Last time they said that the server is done since two months, they're still testing it and they planned to put the project on beta "soon". So no date yet, can be in a week or even in months

Look at my view. Discord is not an official website like Burgershot, that's just a place where you can talk with your game friends. Burgershot is the official website,?tell me why should I go begging for questions on discord?while they should inform us about the progress on the official website??wouldn't?that be the normal procedure to do as a staff member? As I said before, I don?t see much change here either, communication zero.
(2021-12-22, 04:26 AM)ZyZu. Wrote:
(2021-12-16, 02:56 PM)Ezio_Auditore Wrote: I suggest you to ask those on their Discord. This forum is completely dead. Also, open.mp team isn't really keen to share infos as far as I saw. Last time they said that the server is done since two months, they're still testing it and they planned to put the project on beta "soon". So no date yet, can be in a week or even in months

Look at my view. Discord is not an official website like Burgershot, that's just a place where you can talk with your game friends. Burgershot is the official website,?tell me why should I go begging for questions on discord?while they should inform us about the progress on the official website??wouldn't?that be the normal procedure to do as a staff member? As I said before, I don?t see much change here either, communication zero.

You're right. I just said that this forum is completely dead so there's no way you can get answers by them. I did not said it should work like that, though. Open.mp team should really be much more clear about the communication aspect of the project, but we've?been knew
Sorry for late reply, we usually go with these types of questions on discord, it's our "chat room", you don't have to beg for anything, don't make it sound like it's a huge deal to just hop on discord and tag any of open.mp developers you want to ask your questions, people usually don't check Burgershot, there's no tag system, there's no notification system, there's no way to be notified about a new thread posted and asking about something specific that me or any open.mp dev should hop on and answer.

Anyway, going back on topic, June 2021 we started a fresh rewrite, starting from ground up, basically threw old open.mp code away, and now we are finished, everything is done and fully compatible with samp scripts, running smoothly, currently being tested by a few using their gamemodes, to find some major issues first then we go on a semi-public beta testing phase, expect some bigger news from us as well, which will be posted, again, on our discord's announcement channel, which is probably the best place to inform everyone in it, not the few who are *also* using forums alongside discord.
(2021-12-29, 12:45 AM)iAmir Wrote: Sorry for late reply, we usually go with these types of questions on discord, it's our "chat room", you don't have to beg for anything, don't make it sound like it's a huge deal to just hop on discord and tag any of open.mp developers you want to ask your questions, people usually don't check Burgershot, there's no tag system, there's no notification system, there's no way to be notified about a new thread posted and asking about something specific that me or any open.mp dev should hop on and answer.

Anyway, going back on topic, June 2021 we started a fresh rewrite, starting from ground up, basically threw old open.mp code away, and now we are finished, everything is done and fully compatible with samp scripts, running smoothly, currently being tested by a few using their gamemodes, to find some major issues first then we go on a semi-public beta testing phase, expect some bigger news from us as well, which will be posted, again, on our discord's announcement channel, which is probably the best place to inform everyone in it, not the few who are *also* using forums alongside discord.

Sounds very good stuff. :)

How will you guys gain money then? is it via adverts etc? GTA San Andreas is a very good game, so adverts can be placed in the start screen.

If I was the developers I would have talked to some companies who can adverts inside and outside game, so you can gain some cash, adverts are not that bad I think.

And iAmir, Thanks for the reply! :)
(2021-12-30, 08:56 PM)NoxxeR Wrote: How will you guys gain money then? is it via adverts etc??

We don't really earn anything from open.mp at this moment, also check our discord for our new announcement, I guess that's something you were looking for :)