• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elon Musk / Tesla / SpaceX / Boring / Neuralink Thread
Lightbulb 
Yes, this deserves its own thread.

ITT: News, scandals, announcements, tech and all things Elon!
Honestly, I don't like the idea of Neuralink. In my opinion technology should stay far away from our brains.
(2019-04-11, 05:02 PM)Codeah Wrote: Honestly, I don't like the idea of Neuralink. In my opinion technology should stay far away from our brains.

Wait until valve uses brain tech for games!
Re: Neuralink - I think it should be an individual's choice, not some regulator/government/company. If the tech is possible then I'm cool with it. I think it will be the next stage of I/O. Keyboards and voices have limited bandwidth of information transfer, so something like Neuralink (if it is real and feasible currently) is definitely a really good step towards higher bandwidth. If even just for read-only, it's still powerful.

Now, when it comes to _writing_ data back to your brain, that's where I share your concern...
Code:
mount /dev/brain1 /media/thoughts
Here's an opinion: I don't think the hyperloop is very well thought out ...
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.

(2019-04-11, 06:58 PM)spacemud Wrote:
Code:

n..nice meme!!!

ot i think tesla is great but electric cars dont mean shit when: the batteries make equal or more waste than an ICE engine would make in its lifetime, and its being powered by coal powerplants so ultimately at the core it is not renewable.

spacex is dope and making more things possible

boring is dope too
sampctl is epic

(2019-04-11, 06:58 PM)Freaksken Wrote: Here's an opinion: I don't think the hyperloop is very well thought out ...

Indeed it isn't. They have failed to (at least in mainstream statements) make it clear how it will work other than a long tube where things will go fast.

The "hyperloop one global challenge" had some pretty good participants but all of them failed to reach expectations with their results. Not to mention the cost of building an hyperloop anywhere near the lenghts they have promised.
Might not be tech related but I want Elon to smoke more doinks
Stoned Ape

(2019-04-11, 06:58 PM)Freaksken Wrote: Here's an opinion: I don't think the hyperloop is very well thought out ...

Taking into account that it is also very dangerous and vulnerable to terrorist attacks.

But I like the idea of landing and colonizing Mars, its very fasicinating in my opinion, challenging and reminds me of old days when colonizing other planets was in the borders of imagination.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrH01N9AsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSv0Y7qrzQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKGREZs6-w
hahahaha like a boss.
[Image: uRWFirmaIcantBDn.png]

[Firma = Hypeak]

I share Elon Musk's concern about the dangers of Artificial Intelligence. Not only that, but I am also pretty sure that shit will happen, with dangerous criminal countries like the Communist China experimenting it for all sorts of oppression.

(2019-04-13, 12:17 AM)DTV Wrote: Might not be tech related but I want Elon to smoke more doinks

Lol, I would like to see that too.
(2019-04-11, 06:58 PM)spacemud Wrote:
Code:

you forgot to mount it read only, the computer lost power and parts of your brain are now? corrupted, now you have brain cancer and general brain damage. you also forgot to make a backup.
Artificial Intelligence is kinda weird and also kinda cool..but controlling it is where my concern comes since we ain't controlling it but it learns for itself..Wanna know what i mean check this movie out 'Monsters of Man' https://www.monstersofman.movie/