• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Logo] A logo I created years ago for my community
The Story

So around about 5 - 6 years ago, after I had just left college and had gotten myself my first job as a UI/UX designer, at a fairly big company in the middle of Leicester. At this time I was also part time managing a game community I had previous started a year ago. So having been at this company for around 6 - 7 months I felt I had?learned enough that I started giving Logo design a chance, now this being my first time at it, it didn't go too well. Some of my designs were kinda crazy, and it wasn't until around about 3 months after I started trying to learn the process, I got stuck. I had hit a brick wall, for the life of me I wasn't able to get any further, my designs were all right?at this point but nothing creatively amazing.?

So at this?point in time my gaming community needed to be expanded, and it really did need a complete makeover, I had a decent website, but it was looking outdated (This was about the time I really pushed myself into web development). At this point I had been trying to perfect logo design and I had a community that needed work, so this is where I merged the two together and decided I was going to use my newly found talent for logo design, to come up with a logo that would take my community to the next level, of course at first this was anything but next level, they lacked the creativity and branding it needed. Which made me work harder and longer.

So I had just finished bringing my web development skills up to par with the latest trends at the time, and decided to take another go at designing a logo for my community, I had just watched about 8 - 9 videos on the process of designing a logo and how branding works. So I finally felt I?was ready, and I went to work designing and re-designing my logo, and it took a couple of revisions (12 to be exact)?before finally I got what I wanted. I had?finally created a logo that I felt I was very happy with, it fitted well with my current community and the colours were the correct fit. I had done it, given life back to my community. So this is where my story ends, and down below you can see the final outcome of my efforts.

The Final Outcome

[Image: logo-full.png]

I hope this inspires others to share their story as well as their designs :)
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
Very inspiring story.
Very inspiring Benzi......
[Image: about.jpg]

(2019-04-18, 08:36 AM)cuddlypanda Wrote: Very inspiring Benzi......

*Lurks over the ban hammer* ;)
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
Looks nice.
I almost cried.... Very inspiring story.
Meow
Now that's one ABSOLUTELY SICK logo. Work showcase when? (:
nice work
Well done, good luck to you! The logo is very cool.
nick: rasimka // telegram: @albertovich

[Image: w16h161351179945Russia4.png]

That's a cool logo imo. Good job.
Hey bro, nice job. Can you do one for me? It's for a community, i will apreciate it. A hug bro <3
Muy bueno la verdad.
Oh well, almost cried. Great logo!
Nice work, every logo deserves some history.
I always didn't understand why you have to make up stories for your hero? It doesn't make any sense, especially in RP. Unless it's just for a laugh.

For example.

My name is Marlene Arcrowicz, I came to San Andreas 3 years ago from Poland. I flew in with the idea that I would be successful in this state and make a lot of money. But how naive I was. The state ate me up. I got a job as a longshoreman, hauling shoe boxes 24/7, getting a pittance, and living in a 15-square-meter den with 3 Dagestanis. My education wasn't accepted here, and I had no money to make ends meet, so I decided to run crime through my veins. I started cooking crack and amphetamine, drinking all the time, and became very aggressive, I'm in a gang and I was recently diagnosed with HIV. I am 19 years old now and I have been in jail five times already. This city kills people in us and makes us animals. Sounds like a great bio for the Governor of the city.