• 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Statement
Will the OpenMP launcher look sexier than SAMPs' current launcher or the same?
There is no need to bring back the old server browser style to the launcher.
[Image: github-samp-icon.png]
Finally someone that will take care of the community.
[Image: 9ADjXHr.gif]

good luck
I also tried stepping up for the community. I created a few posts regarding his behavior, with him responding to a few of them. I pushed it too far and got banned.

I'm so... so happy to see you take control Y_Less! This project is in great hands, and I'd like to thank everyone that's included in its progress. Seeing 'the core' getting together, is what this community needed. Even though I quit SA-MP, I still regularly check the forums on a daily basis, hoping to see something new. Anything that could make me excited and bring that old 'vibe' back, that we all so much long for.

Good luck with this project! You made me move :)
[Image: Orz504h.jpg]
Monitoring closely... like zabbix :)
I'm looking forward to seeing healthy progress.
Huge support !
Good luck guys are waiting for you Open.Mp Multiplayer
Y_Less, what are the predictions for the first testing multiplayer? When can we try it? Considering that we are waiting for further development of 03DL from kalcor for a year and a half, the term is already serious.
(2019-04-16, 07:00 PM)WestCoast Wrote: Y_Less, what are the predictions for the first testing multiplayer? When can we try it? Considering that we are waiting for further development of 03DL from kalcor for a year and a half, the term is already serious.

It is in progress and not yet determined when to be released. So there's no certain timeline as for now, but be patient and it will pay off I believe
Most of the SA-MP community doesn't really care about new updates. The last major update was in 2017 so if people played for 2 years without much fuss then they won't mind playing another 2 years before SAMP community shrinks and fades away. Haven't seen Russian community discuss much about lack of updates. They all run multiple massive servers. Only the English community creates fuss and there are altogether 3-4 major english servers left. What makes you think most of these communities will move over to this mod when till now they didn't care about updates? Is it worth going through all this trouble for catering to handful of communities?

It's not worth it. SA-MP playerbase is rapidly evaporating due to GTA 5 MP. Recheck your priorities.
GTA SA Multiplayer revolution. Hopefully, open.mp will get its success when it released.
(2019-04-16, 11:10 PM)NoobDude Wrote: Most of the SA-MP community doesn't really care about new updates. The last major update was in 2017 so if people played for 2 years without much fuss then they won't mind playing another 2 years before SAMP community shrinks and fades away. Haven't seen Russian community discuss much about lack of updates. They all run multiple massive servers. Only the English community creates fuss and there are altogether 3-4 major english servers left. What makes you think most of these communities will move over to this mod when till now they didn't care about updates? Is it worth going through all this trouble for catering to handful of communities?

It's not worth it. SA-MP playerbase is rapidly evaporating due to GTA 5 MP. Recheck your priorities.

I care about updates, I really do.?And lets be honest, SAMP wouldn't be losing players as rapidly if it actually got some updates and just wasn't so limited.

A lot more is possible in SAMP and for all we know, maybe there would be a lot more (unique) servers if there were more features and natives in SAMP.
(2019-04-16, 11:10 PM)NoobDude Wrote: Most of the SA-MP community doesn't really care about new updates. The last major update was in 2017 so if people played for 2 years without much fuss then they won't mind playing another 2 years before SAMP community shrinks and fades away. Haven't seen Russian community discuss much about lack of updates. They all run multiple massive servers. Only the English community creates fuss and there are altogether 3-4 major english servers left. What makes you think most of these communities will move over to this mod when till now they didn't care about updates? Is it worth going through all this trouble for catering to handful of communities?

I have the same opinion, but if the creators of open.mp have the time, motivation and dedication to create it, why not. No way this will resurrect or bring back old players to this game.?

I guess it will be a big hype during the first beta?tests?with many players online -?which will unfortunately quickly fade away again, as always with projects similar to this.?

But a fun project to monitor nonetheless, I look forward to trying it out too and see what they achieve. :)
(2019-04-13, 05:13 PM)yodawg Wrote: make samp great again :)

And make SA-MP open again!

t. kalcor

Fix 0.3.8 and release it already.
(2019-04-17, 07:41 AM)woot Wrote:

I have the same opinion, but if the creators of open.mp have the time, motivation and dedication to create it, why not. No way this will resurrect or bring back old players to this game.?

I guess it will be a big hype during the first beta?tests?with many players online -?which will unfortunately quickly fade away again, as always with projects similar to this.?
But a fun project to monitor nonetheless, I look forward to trying it out too and see what they achieve. :)

Who do you think started the #FIXSAMP?movement back in 2017? When we had 0.3.7 for a while and there was nothing ahead and Kalcor was keeping quite.

Hint:
https://www.change.org/p/kalcor-sa-mp-de...0%B0%D1%85
You have all our support!
1v1?BewZ?Deathmatch

IP:?server.bewz.net:7777

https://www.bewz.net/

Congratulations on the progress.

Good to see this happen, something I've been waiting for, for more than 4 years.

If you need any help I'll happily lend a hand.

Good to see that many other life-long SA-MP MOD supporters and contributors are here.

- Gamer_Z
Heart 
I love drama, and now open/samp/mp is just like game of thrones - my favorite TV show.

You 'betrayed' Kalcor, not SA-MP community. Kalcor is just one person in 100k player community that still play this game regularly. Don't look at concurrent player stats, cuz it's players playing NOW not over 24h cycle - PLUS do we count servers who don't use announce and per-project mod's with custom server masterlist ?... 25k concurent players is still more than some multiplayer games - show me another mod that does that.

SAMP would not be a thing without 1. Players, 2. Server dev's, 3. SAMP itself. You have to have it all to make it work. SAMP ( the mod ) was slowly suffocated by Kalcor on top of natural loss of interest.

It's funny that so many people are saying "You should play GTA V MP" when it's still in its infancy stage, full of bugs and just not as polished as SAMP is. FiveM has been around for years now and it's wiki page still says "coming soon" or "TO DO".

I hate you Y_Less cuz i said that YOU should takeover SAMP?development for many years now and?it took you so so long to do that.

Well, i love YSI so i guess we are O.K.

Make open.mp real?so i could love you again.? (h)
I've spent 12 years on SAMP and despite more or less having moved on to FiveM, this project makes me happy.

SAMP is a major part of my life and it's fantastic to see someone trying to keep it alive - even if it's just for a little longer.

This project may even revive it, but only time will tell. Good luck.
(2019-04-26, 11:23 AM)K3lroy Wrote: I've spent 12 years on SAMP and despite more or less having moved on to FiveM, this project makes me happy.

SAMP is a major part of my life and it's fantastic to see someone trying to keep it alive - even if it's just for a little longer.

This project may even revive it, but only time will tell. Good luck.

Reading this comment, I can relate to a lot of things and I'm pretty sure?that most of the SA:MP playerbase can as well.

Unlike any other game or mod, SA:MP is also a community, a place to meet friends, a place to explore and most importantly SA:MP is a part of daily life for most of the people including me. I wake up every day and the first thing I do is to check Discord and read all the unread messages in the servers I play.

SA:MP still has the potential to strive for the next 2-5 years with a slowly decreasing player base. Failure to launch .3.8 seriously demotivated a lot of developers. Even when the damage is done, I believe open.mp is the only last resort. As long as the Russian servers are contacted and addressed too, this is going to work fine.
Came back to SA-MP this year and realised that India has been banned, community is split and I was told about Open:MP in discord. It's good to see that veterans have the motivation to build something from scratch for a game that has been around for 15 years. Regardless of the existence of Rage:MP for GTA V, I am very interested in this project and the development should be captivating.

Good luck guys!
There might be a bunch of people not knowing about this project or not knowing how to get heard. That doesn't mean people don't care about updates.

In Romania at least there are a bunch of communities with multiple servers and a bunch of players overall: B-Zone, Nephrite, OG-Times, Bugged, B-Hood and others. We all care about updates.

Glad to see someone willing to continue working on something we all love.
Genial, eres un buen dios.
I hate those who take advantage of my defects and use them to mock of me.

Me encantan los foros...?No creo que sea necesario decir m?s...

- Oyarzo.

(2019-05-07, 12:39 PM)Kelton Wrote: There might be a bunch of people not knowing about this project or not knowing how to get heard. That doesn't mean people don't care about updates.
In Romania at least there are a bunch of communities with multiple servers and a bunch of players overall: B-Zone, Nephrite, OG-Times, Bugged, B-Hood and others. We all care about updates.

You can help by spreading news about open.mp to Romanian server owners
Live the future!!
(2019-05-12, 07:44 AM)hual Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 12:39 PM)Kelton Wrote: There might be a bunch of people not knowing about this project or not knowing how to get heard. That doesn't mean people don't care about updates.

You can help by spreading news about open.mp to Romanian server owners

We have ^^.
I don't know what's the clash about but I support everyone in here, although I also support Kalcor in some way I know he thinks SA-MP is dying, everyone else thought this too, the silence in the forums, the only active section are the support sections, no more updates, news and everything... It was like a dying star, but now with all of you here, those who started the community and those who said the the community still lives on, many people will go under your banner..

You cannot say that the community will not be divided but as open.mp grows sa-mp will die... We the ones who new sa-mp would surely now that it ones existed but as new generations come and the old goes, sa-mp will begone for good. It'll always comes down to a sad story...

But looking forward, I think this is the best storyline the sa-mp community could get... A new beginning and moving forward away from the dying past...

I've supported SA-MP since 2011, ran my own servers back then, closed because of some reasons(and I was still a newbie programmer, because I was still studying on first year) been there up to now... Cheers and keep moving forward... If all goes well SA-MP will be remember as the pioneer for a new world :D
Hi, Alex. Some years ago I was a little SA-MP scripter who was in the forum reading tutorials and scripts, deeply interested on how people build their own gamemodes, and someone who got really excited when a new plugin was released adding new functionality or even better when a new SA-MP version was released. Most of the time, I was really disappointed on how very few features were added to the SA-MP version. I was always expecting the multiplayer mod to get better and that day never came. I checked all the features that MTA added and compared to SA-MP it was really disappointing. I grew up in my adolescence playing this game with friends and learning scripting/programming based on it, even if the development team is bad, I'd still play it. I have very good memories in this game.

Since I was a scripter, I always noticed on how you actively helped the scripting community. You wrote includes like no other people did, you created new scripting styles, you did a lot for this community and I'm very thankful. I think this mod isn't the developer's property, it's community's property. Even after all these years, you still really care of this game, that's really honorable. I support this project, I'm out of the scripting thing for now, but I'd build a server of this new mod just to support it. Keep it up!
Y_Less last visited?2019-11-23, 12:36 PM
This project was started from rush, when y_less got banned from samp forum and he thought he will make best samp playform ever, but in reality its very huge project and takes a lot of time and playerbase is very small compared to effort what he has to put into this project.
So sad, but open.mp project is dead.
Inactivity of one member or well the founder here in the forums doesn't mean it's dead.

Take a look at https://www.open.mp/progress?lang=gb for a better overview of the development, we aren't dead and yes its a lot of work.
(2020-02-15, 08:31 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Y_Less last visited?2019-11-23, 12:36 PM

This project was started from rush, when y_less got banned from samp forum and he thought he will make best samp playform ever, but in reality its very huge project and takes a lot of time and playerbase is very small compared to effort what he has to put into this project.

So sad, but open.mp project is dead.

I last visited here @ 2019-11-20, 10:50 AM.

I still work on open.mp. Just because we don't check the forums doesn't mean open.mp is dead.

Let's be real, forums are a real old piece of tech now, especially with discord and other instant messaging services that utilize groups.
Still think this is dead and taking way too long time. When there would be serious programmers who take it as their job and also get paid for that, beta would be open for players in like 4 months, but this project opened like 1 year ago and still no sign of opening. And also what playerbase are waiting with this project, when you are wasting so much time and playerbase is shrinking every day, (i dont talk about those russian servers what are sometimes full of bots.)
(2020-02-17, 01:27 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Still think this is dead and taking way too long time. When there would be serious programmers who take it as their job and also get paid for that, beta would be open for players in like 4 months, but this project opened like 1 year ago and still no sign of opening. And also what playerbase are waiting with this project, when you are wasting so much time and playerbase is shrinking every day, (i dont talk about those russian servers what are sometimes full of bots.)

And who is going to pay them? Are you ready for supporting the team financially? probably not, and who else is willing to do that? probably no one.

Project is still alive and devs are working on it, but note that they have personal lives or other stuff to do which are probably more important than working on open.mp.

No one's going to dedicate their life on a project that is not gonna make money from anywhere, maybe only donations, this is not SA-MP.

People work in real life and dedicate most of their time to that when they are awake, so do not talk like everyone here has nothing else to do but putting all of their effort and time on open.mp; People need to make money for living...

Also, what playerbase? open.mp is currently only an alternative to samp server, there's no client, and it is backward compatible, so only and ONLY server owners/devs will notice the difference, players wont notice a single thing, maybe just very few bug fixes or performance, nothing more.

if you think it can be done in 4months, then yeah go ahead, do it, be in a competition with open.mp, you'll be the first one and the chance of being more successful gonna be high for you.

EDIT: Also, lemme remind you your own words:

(2020-02-15, 08:31 PM)offr0ad Wrote: but in reality its very huge project and takes a lot of time
(2020-02-17, 01:27 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Still think this is dead and taking way too long time. When there would be serious programmers who take it as their job and also get paid for that, beta would be open for players in like 4 months, but this project opened like 1 year ago and still no sign of opening. And also what playerbase are waiting with this project, when you are wasting so much time and playerbase is shrinking every day, (i dont talk about those russian servers what are sometimes full of bots.)

4 Months? Are you comparing this to creating a software with some functions and stuff? I'm sorry but don't you see this is? game? Even game development takes years with a full team of full-time(Overtimed) developers. And who's gonna pay them? We are even lucky to have someone like Y-less and the others creating a platform for a dying community and lastly?Progress?kindly check that out. They have been making progress

and mind you this would have been easier if Y-less and the others just decided to create their own client and server but they did not, what they did is use the same functions from the SA-MP client and server to keep our work from the dying community over here, so it's much harder since it's really much easier to go build up something with your own plan than do something that has already been preplanned. This was for the benefit of everyone.

And shrinking? Nope, we are merely hiding within the shadows bidding our time as we?sharpen?our blades, grease?our armors and strengthen our resolves as we enter another gang war, another point war, another cop chase, another robbery, another truck delivery, another taxi driving around the city without any passengers, another pointless, but fun, banter on the chat box, another asking money from the admins, another hacking and cheating scheme, another c-bugging, another stunting, another killing, another trash talking, another being kicked/banned by the admin for no particular reason and another world full of under-developed, developed, semi-developed, trash, unworthy, copied and stolen servers. Yeah we had fun, have I forgotten something? ahhh. yeah another constantly repeated questions on the tutorials category...
(2020-02-16, 01:26 AM)Josh Wrote: Let's be real, forums are a real old piece of tech now, especially with discord and other instant messaging services that utilize groups.

True. World is advancing so rapidly. I still like forums more than these chat services though, threads and content is more organized in forums, not to mention the content quality and readability is definitely far more superior than instant messaing services.

Sorry I went too offtopic,

Coming back to topic, wow so many things have happened, I haven't played SA-MP since 6-7 years, I was searching SA-MP forum today and saw it doesn't even exist. And I was like what!!!! And then I searched and came to know about open.mp, glad someone is taking the initiative.

I have used a hell lot of Y_LESS plugins in SA-MP back then, this guy is amazing, I had a lot of respect for him many years ago, today it is even more. Just want to say thanks all the open.mp team for bringing (or trying to bring) things back.
Just look at

https://open.mp/progress
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
I am very upset and saddened because of the recent events (Kalcor shutting down forum and wiki, even removing from web archive) SA-MP still has a huge community and player base.

I just created my account to say THANK YOU to all open.mp developpers and community members. I really appreciate the work you are trying to do.

Please keep us posted about the milestones and updates about open.mp. This forum doesnt seem very active and seeing the most of last the posts are from 2020, I just hope this project is not abandoned...

Thank you to all, have a nice day