• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Language Thread
Hi guys! This is a thread about languages!
Feel free to answer a few or all of the following questions; I will answer them first:

What languages do you speak??
  • Italian (native)
  • English (good)
  • Spanish (Latin America) (good)
What languages did you partially learn?
  • French (basic skills)
  • Japanese (read슸 hiragana, katakana, ~150 kanji,?basic conversation)
  • Arabic (read슸 the alphabet, pronunciation of words)
  • Wolof (simple everyday conversation)
What languages are you learning now??
  • Portuguese (Brazil) (beginner)
  • Mandarin Chinese (beginner)
(update: no longer learning them now)

What languages would you like to learn in the future?
  • Korean
  • Russian
I'm proficient in English and my native is Bulgarian, I also speak basic Russian and German.
I speak English, German and Turkish.

I probably want to improve my Turkish skills, learn Russian, Chinese, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
[Image: github-samp-icon.png]
I speak mainly English.

But I also speak Japanese, Korean and Mandarin (a slight bit, can have a very basic conversation).
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
I can read and write Urdu and English. I've extensive interest in Russian, French and German and can read and understand them slightly, speaking is no option for me... I also speak and understand Arabic, but I've no interest in it at all.

What languages do I want to learn or improve? The ones I mentioned before: German, French and Russian.

What languages I hate? I don't really hate, but I only like the aforementioned languages (except Arabic).

The role model for learning languages is my dad, who speaks/ understands around 10 languages almost fluently.
My mother language is Turkish.
My English is not too good.
C, PHP,?Pawn
My native language is Ukrainian.

But I also speak Russian as native (with a little accent).

My English is about ~B1-B2

And I know Polish in ~B1.

So, I know 4 languages.

I want to learn Japanese and Spanish and maybe French. But I dont't think I would start to learn them in the near future.. =(
Android Developer from Ukraine, Dnipro.

#languages: Ukrainian, English, Polish, Russian.

#programming_languages: Kotlin, Java,?PHP, JS
I'm just terrible at languages. I have very good English, being from England, but almost nothing else unfortunately. I did French in school but just didn't care, also German but cared even less - I can now count to 6 and that's it. I have, however, been learning Russian for the last few years, but you wouldn't be able to tell it has been that long given how bad I am.

I'm a qualified TEFL teacher though.
(2019-05-25, 12:43 AM)Y_Less Wrote: I'm just terrible at languages. ?I have very good English, being from England, but almost nothing else unfortunately. ?I did French in school but just didn't care, also German but cared even less - I can now count to 6 and that's it. ?I have, however, been learning Russian for the last few years, but you wouldn't be able to tell it has been that long given how bad I am.

So, you are just not into the learning languages.
It's common when a person don't have much motivation to learn a language.
I think if you know English, you can afford not to learn something else. There are many things in English (movies, books, guides, articles and so on) and people don't have much motivation to lern something else, only if being interested in it.. I think so

I never intended to learn any Language, but I learned Japanese through Anime (and having Japanese friends) and I dated a Korean girl for 4 years so I learned quite a lot. As for the Mandarin I picked some up watching Chinese movies and before I knew it, I was able to have a half decent conversation in it.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
I speak Estonian as my native language and have been learning English at school for about 7 years now, but learned most of it on SA-MP and internet in general. I've also been learning Russian for 3 years, but I'm absolutely bad at speaking it as we're being taught furniture items, clothes and vegetables year over year with no progress being made. I'd probably like to take a proper Russian course after graduating to be able to at least tell where's the closest liquor store to a Russian and maybe Finnish / German.
(2019-05-25, 08:56 AM)Archivarius Wrote:
(2019-05-25, 12:43 AM)Y_Less Wrote: I'm just terrible at languages. ?I have very good English, being from England, but almost nothing else unfortunately. ?I did French in school but just didn't care, also German but cared even less - I can now count to 6 and that's it. ?I have, however, been learning Russian for the last few years, but you wouldn't be able to tell it has been that long given how bad I am.

So, you are just not into the learning languages.

It's common when a person don't have much motivation to learn a language.

I think if you know English, you can afford not to learn something else. There are many things in English (movies, books, guides, articles and so on) and people don't have much motivation to lern something else, only if being interested in it.. I think so

I want to move to Russia, and have many Russian friends. Its not a lack of motivation, its a lack of time and ability. I am just very bad at languages.
I speak German (native), English (C1-C2), French (studied for 2 years, neglected ever since) and Croatian (raised as a bilingual). Probably gonna keep improving my Croatian.
Japanese \(^o^)/(Native level)

Chinese (???*)(TOCFL C2)

Taiwanese (*??`) .. not really well

English ?(?`^??)? (TOEFL...100? forgot!)

Korean (;???) (Conversational level)

Almost Asia language...

I want to learn more European languages!
(2019-05-25, 09:59 AM)JustMichael Wrote: I never intended to learn any Language, but I learned Japanese through Anime (and having Japanese friends) and I dated a Korean girl for 4 years so I learned quite a lot. As for the Mandarin I picked some up watching Chinese movies and before I knew it, I was able to have a half decent conversation in it.

It's awesome.

It's hard to learn these languages for a European guy.

I wish I knew them. Respect!

As a finn, I speak Finnish natively and have been force-fed Swedish since primary school. I'm mediocre at Swedish.

I studied a few courses of Russian in high school and know the cyrillic alphabet and a few basic words and sentences.

I currently live with my German girlfriend with whom I speak English. My university studies are also often very English-heavy so I use more English than Finnish in my day-to-day life. We live in Finland, though, so not like my Finnish would be going anywhere.

Despite the German girlfriend, my German is still almost non-existent. Considering I pretty much never properly studied it, I've picked up surprisingly much from visiting Germany a total of 10 weeks so far, but I really can't speak a single sentence.

I always was interested in languages and became fluent in English at a very young age, mostly because of the internet and the international social connections I made through it. I think my biggest obstacle in learning new / improving on my current languages is that except for Finnish and English, my brain really doesn't want to learn new vocabulary at all for whatever reason. Everything else about Swedish I was always good/average at, but come time for the word test and I barely score any points. Every time. This, of course, then always reflected in my course grades and makes learning Swedish difficult in general, as not knowing even half the words I've already been taught makes studying excruciatingly slow.
What languages do you speak?

English (Very good)

Danish (Medium)

What languages did you partially learn?

Polish and Persian, but out of memory since age of 12.

What languages are you learning now?

None.

What languages would you like to learn in the future?

None.

What other languages do you like?

Russian

Norwegian

Swedish

Finnish

Danish

English

Scottish

German

Dutch

Polish

French

...and many more.

What languages do you dislike?

None.
That's all interesting, I thought I was the only one interested in languages.

Guys, for those of you who are interested in learning any language, I recommend watching the following video:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=illApgaLgGA]

After watching it, I understood why most people study languages at school and rarely become good at it.

The guy in the video learned to speak Arabic in 1 year without studying anything, he just naturally acquired it. The video is more than 1 hour length, but it's absolutely worth it, and this is being said by a person who does not watch a video if it's longer than 9:59 minutes. The guy is not selling anything, nor promoting any product or website, he is just documenting his experience.
My native tongue is Turkish. I can speak Azerbaijani. I know a little English. I know the Cyrillic alphabet.
[Image: mMVoRR.png]

??... ?? ?????? ??? ???????, ??? ? ????????????? :D
???????????? ??????? ??????
(2019-05-25, 12:43 AM)Y_Less Wrote: I'm just terrible at languages. I have very good English, being from England, but almost nothing else unfortunately. I did French in school but just didn't care, also German but cared even less - I can now count to 6 and that's it. I have, however, been learning Russian for the last few years, but you wouldn't be able to tell it has been that long given how bad I am.

Actually the problem might be in German and French...

Sir, if you literally had to pick the worst two languages to learn - that'd be your answer :D

German is awful (it's just ugly, #nohate, it's not fluent at all and writing and spelling is literally over-complicated) (I speak German as I was forced to learn it because Education system in Serbia is non-existent.)

While the french on the other hand is German but at least its fluent (it's still horrible as words have nothing to do with each other)

I am from Serbia, I don't really like the language here (other reasons) but this language is very fluent, easy to read (Literally when I write ??????, I read it like ?????? and spell it like ? ? ? ? ? ?.) & it's understandable

Because even if you miss like 5 letters in a word 6 letters long word (let's say that you drunk too much of ?????? & you're not sober), people will easily understand what you wrote without any difficulty.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Serbian-hard-to-learn

Many say that Serbian is hard language to learn, it probably is because of our strict grammar (who tf learns Serbian tho) but it's very clear as I said
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
???? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?????.
i speak fluently: french, korean, english
i learn in school: spanish and catalan (no i do not promote independence of any states in spain, i just learn it because my grandpa used to talk sometimes)
i lived in a small island when i was young and i understand french creole but i dont remember anymore (martinique)
i'd like to speak japanese, but kanjis so hard
i dont like turkish because idk it looks dumb imo, i respect people speaking fluently turkish, they are legends
waiting for draw tablet sa:mp support poggers
I can speak a few languages such:
Indonesia but not so smoothly.
English but confusing.
Javanese because i transfered school to East Java but can't read Aksara thingy.
Sunda but i can only say 'euy' or 'kumaha didieu'
French but i can only say 'Bonjour' and 'Merci'
Japanese but can't read kanji. Sometimes i can understand Hiragana but not much.

Maybe i'll focussing on Germany first before learn French because german language is nice.
And after that i want to learn how Zimbabwe and India people speak.
???? ???? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ?????, ?? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??????

I speak Spanish (native) and a basic English, in fact I am using google translator to place this answer xD

I really like my language and I think I would only learn English.