• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Factor Authentication [2FA]
Information 
Which 2FA mobile app do you use and why do you prefer it to others?

I actively used Google Authenticator but I ditched it today.. I'm looking for an (a better) alternative.

Any thoughts?
@dakyskye everywhere
Authy because of sync across multiple devices (I accept this comes at a cost of security)
What is the purpose of them?

Most of services (like Telegram, Tumblr and many others) have own two-factor auth.

I don't see the reason to use a special 2FA app (maybe I don't know what they give)
Android Developer from Ukraine, Dnipro.

#languages: Ukrainian, English, Polish, Russian.

#programming_languages: Kotlin, Java,?PHP, JS
(2019-06-11, 04:09 PM)Archivarius Wrote: What is the purpose of them?

Most of services (like Telegram, Tumblr and many others) have own two-factor auth.

I don't see the reason to use a special 2FA app (maybe I don't know what they give)

Github, Gitlab, Teamviewer and many more uses other special outside of the box authenticator...

And I use authy since all apps can be gathered in one place :D

I'd rather have one app doing many services at once than 7 separate ad-bloated apps each doing one thing. It's a shame steam can't use a third-party app.

Although I'm not sure what's wrong with Authenticator? Its lightweight, ad-free, and easy to use. But if you find a better alternative please do say.
(2019-06-19, 09:19 AM)Y_Less Wrote:

I'd rather have one app doing many services at once than 7 separate ad-bloated apps each doing one thing. It's a shame steam can't use a third-party app.

Although I'm not sure what's wrong with Authenticator? Its lightweight, ad-free, and easy to use. But if you find a better alternative please do say.

Quote:Google Authenticator lacks multi-device support.

Google Authenticator is only available on mobile devices.

Google Authenticator has no encrypted recovery backups.

Google Authenticator has limited password protection.

Despite Google Authenticator?s recent make-over, Authy UI wins hands-down.

https://authy.com/blog/authy-vs-google-authenticator/
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Used to use authy, these days I use lastpass authenticator though.