• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] What will happen to the hosted tab of game-mp?
(2019-04-22, 08:38 AM)hual Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 08:18 AM)BloodMaster Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 06:35 AM)Codeah Wrote: This hasn't really been settled on but :

There will only be one list, this list will contain all servers. If we do monetize open.mp it would most likely be by selling "boosts". "Boosts" would put your server at the top of the list, and as other people purchase server boosts your server will slowly move down the list. Pricing will certainly be a lot lower than a hosted tab spot in SA-MP.

That's just a bad business model as it will allow the richest servers to stay always at?the top.

What happens when somebody decides to sort by name or by ping or by number of players?

Here's what I suggest for the monetize-model:

Make "Premium" tab instead of "Hosted". Hosted literally means nothing, and you have to let your players know that they're joining a server that paid you to be on the list.

Now, as for the pricing, I think it should be based around how many concurrent players the server has.

If it was that way, we would finally see all those servers with 1000 players maybe decide that they no longer need the Premium/Hosted tab and allow some new servers to become competent.

I think it would be reasonable that you should pay $1-$2 a month just to run a server with more than 50 slots in general as it would help the development and reduce the amount of 0 player servers.

How would you enforce paying just to run an open-source server?

Because master-list

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doubt Favorite Tabs, Internet and Hosted tab - by BloodMaster - 2019-04-22, 09:06 AM
what language is this? - by ohmios - 2019-05-12, 07:21 AM