• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UGMP and open.mp teams should work together, change my mind
UGMP will likely flop as it requires downloading gigabytes for their launcher due to custom content last I heard. In addition, they've been building hype for years but in this time most have left San Andreas, in this community you need to act fast as you lose them quicker than you gain them honestly. It's easy to invite/keep people in a Discord: look at Bay Area Roleplay, their huge Discord couldn't save their server. On top of that, you need a huge playerbase to sustain multiple islands. And the problem is cities such as Liberty City and Vice City are awful for roleplaying, Los Santos has always thrived due to its economical diversity (many ghetto areas contrasted to the hills, the beach and further contrasted by middle America areas such as Downtown), there's really little point including branching out without heaps of custom mapping to be honest. I'm pretty sure English servers have tried Vice City and Liberty City roleplay and quickly realised it falls apart. I wouldn't really be concerned with their project at all.

If Open.MP is to succeed, it's obvious what needs to happen. First of all if Kalcor provides a new stable release that has the DL features, the mod's widespread dominance mission is over, as stated in Y Less' statement. Fianlly, what it actually needs is the support of the big servers and moving over. So, this means LSRP, RCRP, Horizon, Lawless, Italy, CrazyBob's and the rest I forgot. I don't see some of it happening when Zhao was reintroduced to the beta-team of SA-MP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UGMP and open.mp teams should work together, change my mind - by Archive - 2019-04-25, 09:31 PM