• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Suggestion] Don't make open.mp a "custom engine that you can mod"
Hey guYzzZzZZzZzZ, modZ and DeveLoPerZZZzzZz

So first of all, great initiative and idea, I really appreciate?that somebody still sees light in a decade old game, and furthermore making it compatible with existing scripts is just insane. I love you.

Now, as it comes with ambition, people tend to get carried away with what they can do and what is possible. But, I would like to remind you that this is "San Andreas", and that, no matter how much I disagree with K***** (Developer of SA:MP), I do agree with some of his fundamental rules that I personally believe made the mod so good and important.

Here's stuff that I agree with:

?-Don't add the ability to remove HUD
Okay okay!! Stop throwing bananas and tomatoes at me, calling me "You're Kyes secret agent that wants to destroy open.mp", and you Josh... Yes you. Please stop biting my leg.
San Andreas' HUD is one of the core branding's for the San Andreas, and I think being able to remove it and make your own custom HUD would ruin the feel of San Andreas and make transitions from server to server more confusing.
Here's what I propose instead; Make it a bit more flexible. What I mean by that, is add that thingy where your max health can increase ( http://prntscr.com/nehsv4 ),?and maybe if you plan on adding custom images, make it so?we can add custom weapon image (but make the black border default?so it doesn't lose shape and doesn't vary much from server to server ).

[i]?-Don't add custom vehicles. At least, not fully.

If you don't want to see 99% of the servers filled with SUPER-FULL-HD BMWS', MERCEDESS' AND AUDIS, you will not make custom vehicles.. Now, people like me, would use that functionality to create more vehicles like the existing ones. Let's say 4 door turismo, or custom trailers for trucks to pull, I would create much better variety of vehicles that fit the San Andreases agenda.
But. I am willing to sacrifice all that just because of the people that would abuse it. There are some solutions I think. For example limiting the amount of polygons for custom models?or make additional vehicles yourself that we could use.

?-Don't make custom skins
Instead, I would prefer being able to add existing skins and re-texturing them. Yes, people would still retexture them to look like teletubbies, but hey, it's better than a full-hd Steve from Minecraft. (Although, that's already kinda possible with AttachObject)

Now that I am done, please put down your pitches and forks and let's have a civil discussion.[/i]

Messages In This Thread
Don't make open.mp a "custom engine that you can mod" - by BloodMaster - 2019-04-20, 10:05 AM