• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Plugin] samp-precise-timers ?: A timer plugin written in Rust
samp-precise-timers ?
github.com/bmisiak/samp-precise-timers

Briefly
Developed for net4game.com (RolePlay), this plugin provides precise timers for the server. It is written in Rust, a memory-safe language.

Why rewrite timers?
I had a lot of safety concerns with some of the existing solutions. They weren't written with data integrity, memory safety or preventing server crashes in mind and seemed to have quite a few bugs. As privacy and safety is our primary concern at net4game, I wrote this in Rust, which combines high-level ergonomics with the performance of a low-level language. ?

Please check out the code to see the benefits. You might like Rust a lot. The code is much simpler than C equivalents, especially the ones which still use *char, free() and delete[] instead of modern C idioms such as std::unique_ptr, but as Rust has no runtime, there is no overhead ??

We would like your help! ??
Oh, and if you enjoy working on servers, we are looking for a team to help our international expansion. ??? net4game has been around for a decade as the biggest Polish server. We introduced a lot of innovations over the years and we are almost ready to become international. Shoot me an e-mail at [email=bm犇@net4game.com]bm犇@net4game.com[/email] if you're interested.

Downloads on GitHub
Also available on sampctl as
Code:
bmisiak/samp-precise-timers

On top of all of the above, I would love to help with?developing?open.mp!

Messages In This Thread
samp-precise-timers ?: A timer plugin written in Rust - by bmisiak - 2019-05-21, 05:36 AM