• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalcor has "confirmed" he's not developing SA:MP anymore
(2019-10-22, 07:52 AM)Gforcez Wrote: Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, never fix the issues and never merge it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow, and now Kalcor quit development for SA:MP.

Fair play to him though, he's been at it for many years and if he can't find the time or dedication to develop SA:MP, then he should do what he thinks is best.

True words. I have had several projects during my years, including developing servers for various games including SA:MP, and even hosting quite a few of them. I had a very small but in my eyes succesful SA:MP sever going on in 2012, but it's difficult to find the time and motivation to keep something like that up when you are not even playing the game yourself anymore. Server would run on the background on my computer as I did other things, player numbers were usually so low that barely any to no moderation was needed to keep the players happy. Eventually I obviously called it quits.

Same happened with other games, albeit they were much more succesful servers. You do it for a few years but if you're not playing the game yourself anymore, without handing the project to someone else it's easy for it to die.

I think everyone with a half a brain accepts and understands Kalcor's situation of not having interest / time / motivation to continue this project. What mostly everyone obviously disagrees on, however, is him not letting someone else continue. All in all, in the time I developed and stopped 5 servers, he kept on developing that one single mod for that one single game. I think he's done something on that regard.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kalcor has "confirmed" he's not developing SA:MP anymore - by Jarnokai - 2019-10-22, 11:43 AM