• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus thread
So we all know what the deal is

How are you guys holding up?

Over here in Italy it's pretty bad, some regions are in quarantine and since a few days ago the whole country's been on lockdown. Most businesses are closed, I haven't been to school in weeks now and in some places there's even police patrols going around with megaphones telling people to stay inside

pretty spooky stuff, but i've taken the occasion to get some dust off my samp scripting
London was fairly empty, but felt calm.

Some people are panic-buying and pubs/clubs are closing.

But, as brits always are, the notion is "keep calm and carry on"...

Some of the busiest spots in London are mostly devoid of people, albeit from the odd person. It's a strange experience.

[Image: Io9phD8.png]

[Image: a6KS5Nc.png]

[Image: JcriDD7.png]
No pics since I am in quarantine for another week because of travels. Tfw gotta work from home because I'm a software dev.

The country is also in quarantine, the government said it would probably end up being extended for quite a while if this keeps up.
Mostly running low on medical stuff like masks, gloves, respirators, masks, test kits. They keep stocking up, lots of incentives by public figures and people coming together to help the medics, donate, etc - very cute and wholesome. Supplies being delivered with military planes because Poland already cut off our supplies so they can't be trusted and no risks want to be taken.

No large breakouts outside of some few hospitals.

People still returning to Lithuania, they will be placed into mandatory quarantine in designated places within their municipality for two weeks after returning AFAIK.
Borders closed to foreigners.

Not close to being overwhelmed yet. Probably the worst is yet to come - most people don't seem to pay too much attention to quarantine measures, sadly, although public shaming is picking up so maybe more people will stay inside. Former hospitals and other government properties are being cleaned up, in case of an outbreak, hotels being contacted to be ready to take off some of the more mild patients as well.

Overall, people are pretty comfy. Outside of the shortening medical supplies, everything seems to be mildly under control.
From Italy here, quite bad. And I am working as a nurse too, danger is right after the corner.

Cities are empty. There are retards not respecting the "Stay fucking at home" thing yet, but mostly people stay home.

Shops are mostly closed, those opened allow 1 customer per time, resulting in long rows out the shops of people visibly panicking in silence.

Quite an odd experience here, it's like it's always 4:00 AM once the sun goes down.

Ah I am not a lover of the "Stay at home" by the way, because it is not the definitive solution to the problem. As you've read, there are those long rows out the shops. You stay at home, but eventually will have to go out to work or buy food to not starve. And there you can infect/be infected.

There is the need of doing continous testings on the masses and quarantine only the infected, limiting the movements yes but not locking everyone up and then put them all together out the shops ti share germs.

And no those masks are useless toys unless have a FFP2 or FFP3 filter. Only sick people shall wear those paper masks to protect the healthy.

Imma stop now because i'm going off topic a lot.
Was originally about to reply to this some two weeks ago, but ended up not doing it. A lot has changed since.

Finland is still doing relatively well with the virus - we only have 1 165 cases at the time of writing. Over half of these cases are in Helsinki, and because of the severity of the situation over there, nowhere near everyone is being tested at this point. True figure can be "Up to 20 times bigger" according to officials. Last midnight the authorities have completely isolated Uusimaa and all traffic between the inside and outside of the Uusimaa district is now going through checkpoints to deem if the travel is absolutely necessary. (Uusimaa is the area around our capital, about 40% of Finnish citizens live there)

So yeah, I want to say Finland is doing well, but I can also definitely say that Uusimaa isn't. Up here in the north where I live we really don't get new cases at all. I lived in a big city for my studies but now moved back to my childhood home to be away from the city - I couldn't go to school anyway, so I might as well not sit there waiting to catch the virus. The village I'm currently residing in has about 500 residents - that oughta reduce my chances to get it.
Corona is bad.

TL;DR: no
[Image: kkS8Twf.jpg]
Just hit 2 million?cases milestone , congrats everyone.
Just hit 4.37 million cases milestone , congrats everyone.
Just hit 5.00 million cases milestone , congrats everyone.

EDIT: Ok, this is the last one , don't ban me pls.
Update on Finland's situation: The virus never really rocketed off, and stil hasn't. Daily new cases already reached their peak, active cases are at a very steep decline, Uusimaa is no longer on lockdown and things are very much going back to normal. At the moment it looks like outside Uusimaa Finland really avoided this whole thing - at least for now. Schools already opened, I teach at the local primary school and nearly all students have come back to school and are studying the last bits as normal. At the school, great care is still being taken regarding the students' safety and risk of virus spread: All grades are isolated from eachother, students only use one classroom for the rest of the schoolyear, recess is spent at grade-specific areas outside, only one grade goes to the cafeteria at a time, hallways are kept empty and only one grade occupies one staircase / hallway at a time. Hands are washed before every lesson.
(2020-05-21, 11:58 AM)mouiz Wrote: Just hit 5.00 million cases milestone , congrats everyone.

EDIT: Ok, this is the last one , don't ban me pls.

Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
In PH we did made a Manila bay White sand :) (Old days Manila bay is a dirty bay full of trash) i mean like we have increasing cases of Coronavirus and our government made the Manila bay White sand while other filipinos are starving. But its ok the view is good