Do you want to see DL features in open.mp?
YES - I am a SERVER OWNER/DEV and would use these a lot on my server
64.08%
YES - I am a player and would play on servers that had these features
26.70%
DON'T CARE - I might use them or might not, don't care either way
6.31%
NO - I do not want to see these features.
2.91%
206 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your thoughts on SAMP 0.3.DL compatibility
(2020-04-22, 03:33 PM)Manyula Wrote: Some of us don't want to turn this into MTA 2.0. And no, I don't think this is an apples to oranges comparison at all. Both are GTA:SA multiplayer modifications and both allow server-side scripting. Their vision is the same: offer multiplayer capabilities to GTA:SA. MTA chose to go for more features and risk having a non-GTA feel while SA:MP stuck to fewer features while preserving the GTA:SA vanilla theme. I tried out both mods, and it was ultimately the vanilla feeling that got me hooked on SA:MP.

I'm not assuming in any way that that's the reason everyone chose to stick with SA:MP, I'm just pointing out that there are people who have the same reasons for choosing SA:MP over MTA.

I'd say you're more likely to lose interest in the mod itself?if you keep encountering the same type of crappy servers.?Imagine trying out a couple of servers that each required you to download several 100MB of data, just to find out that it looks nothing like GTA:SA and having a?completely fucked up?gameplay experience.?We already have MTA for that. Of course, developers can choose not to include non-GTA stuff in their gamemodes - but try finding a server that does.

You can, and in fact you should if it's for the greater good. I don't claim to know what the greater good is, I only express my concern regarding too much freedom. I think encouraging people to share their resources with the community is much more valuable than letting them do their own thing just for their own benefit. It is the server owner's responsibility to be different from everyone else if they want to make some kind of profit from it, not the mod developer's. Of course, if you have your own unique models, your server is going to stand out. You gained that advantage because you have the know-how to make your own models. Some people don't have that and it is these people who are at a disadvantage and likly to use ripped off HQ models from other games.

My suggestion for custom content would be to have at least some centralized component to it, so the whole community can benefit from it. Make a platform for people to upload their stuff and let people decide what they want to use from that central pool. But only allow them to use stuff that has been uploaded to that platform.

Please keep in mind that?I'm proposing all of this to keep the SA:MP spirit alive, not to cripple anyone's creativity.

Honestly, SA-MP would be nothing like MTA even if downloads were added. The community mindsets are different. MTA devs see it as a game engine, SA-MP devs see it as GTA SA. Theres hardly any vanilla servers on MTA, but as recent ongoings both here and on SAMP forums have shown, most SAMP players want to stick with vanilla style, even if mods are used.?

To further counter this, adding strict rules to model use (not allowing you to rip models from other games, etc, due to copyright reasons) and actually enforcing them (blacklisting and such) would be very helpful. If you want to use custom models - make them yourself, or use them from a pool of community shared content. This would limit the amount of silly servers with car mods and dinosaurs running around, like in the picture in OPs post.?

SA-MP has been stuck in the same boring loophole for awhile now. Its all RP servers, hardly any variety. Some people have tried to make unique, original stuff - but ultimately it didn't last long, mainly due to just how limiting SA-MP is. Giving players the ability to make their own content for the server (not rip it from somewhere) would open endless possibilities, allowing SA-MP to feel fresh again.
[Image: 1wpqfG3.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your thoughts on SAMP 0.3.DL compatibility - by Twixxer - 2020-04-22, 04:05 PM