• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Unsigned integers
I have had a few times where I've been running in the signed integer limit and thought it would be beneficial to have unsigned ones.

They could have their own tag just like floating-point variables have their 'Float' tag.

If this was implemented, functions such as format would have to have their own specifiers i.e '%u' and have their own math operator implementations probably.
[Image: qPwh60X.png]

afaik that's not up to them

That's PAWN limitation
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a case that a 32 bit variable doesn't care what's stored in them and that we can already define custom tagged operators in pawn itself? And we've always been extending the language with plugins, adding new features and such.

Simply look at how float operators are defined in a_float.inc

There's these functions: floatadd, floatsub, floatmult and floatdiv. Surely similar ones could be integrated in the server package for unsigned integers.
[Image: qPwh60X.png]

(2020-05-31, 09:48 PM)Pinch Wrote: afaik that's not up to them

That's PAWN limitation

This would be true if we were still limited to SA-MP's pawn VM implementation. Now we use the updated VM from the community compiler repo.
(2020-06-06, 07:42 PM)Josh Wrote:
(2020-05-31, 09:48 PM)Pinch Wrote: afaik that's not up to them

That's PAWN limitation

This would be true if we were still limited to SA-MP's pawn VM implementation. Now we use the updated VM from the community compiler repo.

That's cool!
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.