• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best server OS/Hardware
As the title says, I need the stablest server OS (for example Ubuntu 14 is Stabler than 18.04) and the best server hardware (i7-7700K is "better performing" than i9-9900k(less tickrate but it's at least playable)
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
I think you should stick to Ubuntu 14 if you think that is fastest than ubuntu 18.

But for me, i would like to have Ubuntu LTS which is 20.04.1 (for now) which is makes you not worrying about system upgrades or stuffs.

And you can use LTS with i7 than i9 if you can change "Only processor" not entirely OS.
???? ???? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ?????, ?? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??????

(2020-08-25, 04:40 PM)Tama Wrote: I think you should stick to Ubuntu 14 if you think that is fastest than ubuntu 18.

But for me, i would like to have Ubuntu LTS which is 20.04.1 (for now) which is makes you not worrying about system upgrades or stuffs.

And you can use LTS with i7 than i9 if you can change "Only processor" not entirely OS.

Never said that Ubuntu 14 is faster, just there are "Unacceptable nickname" problems on Ubuntu 16 or newer

And the tickrate is higher on i9 but lag spikes are real unlike on i7 even though i9 has better single thread performance
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-08-25, 07:03 PM)Pinch Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 04:40 PM)Tama Wrote: I think you should stick to Ubuntu 14 if you think that is fastest than ubuntu 18.

Never said that Ubuntu 14 is faster, just there are "Unacceptable nickname" problems on Ubuntu 16 or newer

And the tickrate is higher on i9 but lag spikes are real unlike on i7 even though i9 has better single thread performance

Hmm i don't know about "Unacceptable nickname" because i don't found anything related on that case.
???? ???? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ?????, ?? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??????

(2020-08-25, 10:51 PM)Tama Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 07:03 PM)Pinch Wrote:

Hmm i don't know about "Unacceptable nickname" because i don't found anything related on that case.

Many have that problem...

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=669343

https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Common_Problems#Server

unacceptable nickname ubuntu site:sa-mp.com
Using Pawn.CMD?

The unacceptable nickname issue (with the disconnect) is probably because of a bug in linux kernel versions of 4.9-4.19 that timeouts and disconnects players.