• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Question] OCTOBER 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Hi o.mp/burger fam,

We're back with another round of FAQs, so ask us the questions you'd love to know the answers to!

Some members of the dev team will be getting together to?livestream?the answers (will update this post with a confirmed date/time for the stream) and then the video will be available to watch afterwards too.

Ask your questions in the replies below!

Please note: This is NOT a feature requests thread.
Follow me on: Twitter/X | Instagram | Twitch
how's sync here comparing that of samp? samp had a sync issue, cant have a knife fight there
Is Cbug and Sliding bug has been solved/removed from open.mp just like in MTA?
what about object limit and vehicle etc?
What about the progress of open.mp. I know it's hard to predict a date. But overall how much of the dev teams expectations has been implemented into the code? (Would love for a percentage answer if possible.)

Thanks!

_.EE._
1. How would you guys combat clone/ replica servers that do not contribute anything useful and often times leech of the main server's playerbase?

2. How do you guys plan on spreading the word about open.mp to other lingual communities, such as when the Forum and Wiki down post is only available in English.

---

(2020-10-11, 09:15 AM)XoMoX Wrote: Is Cbug and Sliding bug has been solved/removed from open.mp just like in MTA?

No. The initial release is just a server.

(2020-10-11, 09:50 AM)Zow Wrote: what about object limit and vehicle etc?

Infinite. It was mentioned a while back.

(2020-10-11, 09:55 AM)_.EvilExecutor._ Wrote: What about the progress of open.mp. I know it's hard to predict a date. But overall how much of the dev teams expectations has been implemented into the code? (Would love for a percentage answer if possible.)

Thanks!

_.EE._

On Discord it was said to be around Christmas, but waiting can probably bring better answer as we get closer to it.
1. Will open.mp have a fixed GPCI function? Like a serial in MTA.

2. Will it be possible to block using cleo and asi mods?
Do you guys have a date of maybe a Alpha or Beta release?
Two Number 45

What type of new features are you planning for new versions?

What is the next step for open.mp after it reaches SA-MP flow, can you tell us a little more about your plans and ideas?

What are new ideas that could be done in an old game like GTA SA that open.mp will cover?
How will you make players that say "this is an old boring game" take back their words?:D
  • When the open.mp client is available in the future, will we have compatibility with the GTA:SA executable from Steam?

• Will have the limit of slots in open:mp server like the 1000 players of SA-MP or can we have more slots?

• Will we have the paid masterlist or just a list of servers?

• Will we be able to use HTTPS in the native function?

• On the server side of open:mp will there be a "native" anticheat like sa-mp had long ago?

• What languages can we use apart from the typical Pawn?

• open:mp?will use a more updated version of RakNet than SA-MP?

• Any news regarding patching the cookie flood, incoming connection flood, etc...?

Thanks for your attention, greetings and good work!
Bug 
(2020-10-11, 09:15 AM)XoMoX Wrote: Is Cbug and Sliding bug has been solved/removed from open.mp just like in MTA?

DON'T remove it. Some players?refuse to play in servers that have it 'disabled'. CBug is?considered to be a skill.
(2020-10-11, 11:15 AM)by_portland Wrote: 1. Will open.mp have a fixed GPCI function? Like a serial in MTA.
2. Will it be possible to block using cleo and asi mods?

2. First release is the server only so that's not doable I think (and prob won't be if SAMP client stays compatible with the open.mp server forever)

(2020-10-13, 08:48 AM)Expert* Wrote:

DON'T remove it. Some players?refuse to play in servers that have it 'disabled'. CBug is?considered to be a skill.
I'm sure that they'd implent anti cbug but it's gonna be toggleable I hope

As Pinch as I am, my question will be:
Does open.mp server actually include any kind of performance upgrade if we compare it to the sa-mp server?
I know everything goes through the same raknet stuff but like is it more balanced internally before it is sent to raknet at all? Like player pools n' stuff that actually can be more balanced internally?
Because iirc that SA-MP functions (for example SendClientMessageToAll) are using simple word loop through player pool which means IsPlayerConnected is always called (for example Y_Less created Player iterator to avoid this in PAWN)
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.

Yes, in 2020/21 it is probably a skill...?if you use CLEO and other cheats for it.

Just fix cbug, spacebug, moonwalk and all other bugs in the game, I'm sick of players abusing it.
how will build in anticheat work

Any date when beta release will come
(2020-10-13, 10:06 AM)Godfather Wrote:

Yes, in 2020/21 it is probably a skill...?if you use CLEO and other cheats for it.

Just fix cbug, spacebug, moonwalk and all other bugs in the game, I'm sick of players abusing it.

It has been a "skill" for many years now.

I'm not a fan of it either,?but apparently some players love it.
(2020-10-15, 12:48 PM)Expert* Wrote:

The correct solution would be to implement a toggle switch for it. Also there are already methods to detecting these bugs, some DM servers have c-bug detection, moonwalk wouldn't be hard to detect either. Leaving it would be important for the DM community since these glitches have a skill element to them. If you just disable it as a whole giving no options you will anger the DM community.
1. If you could choose any networking library other than RakNet - which one would it be and why?

2. Will sampctl/openctl be the (semi-)official package manager for open.mp?

3. What are open.mp's current build times?

4. Which tools do you use for reverse engineering?

5. Will current cheat tools for SA:MP still work for open.mp?

6. Since you're renaming plugins to modules and includes to libraries (thank god), are you also renaming filterscripts?

7. What are you most looking forward to once the first version of open.mp is released?

8. Will open.mp have semver or kalver?

Cbug and Sliding its skills my boy why removing something you take a long time to learn it?

if you don't want it script to remove it thats all
(2020-10-15, 01:00 PM)LaszloR1 Wrote:

The correct solution would be to implement a toggle switch for it. Also there are already methods to detecting these bugs, some DM servers have c-bug detection, moonwalk wouldn't be hard to detect either. Leaving it would be important for the DM community since these glitches have a skill element to them. If you just disable it as a whole giving no options you will anger the DM community.

can't agree any more mate
(2020-10-17, 11:39 PM)Gleamm Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 01:00 PM)LaszloR1 Wrote:
(2020-10-13, 08:48 AM)Expert* Wrote: DON'T remove it. Some players?refuse to play in servers that have it 'disabled'. CBug is?considered to be a skill.

can't agree any more mate

DM community is ruined a long time ago by cheaters and so proclaimed "cbug skill players". But I'm always for it to be an optional. Anyway we need a fix for all bugs, including those which can be stated as "features".
Closing comments off now as we've prepared our questions for the stream :) Will reply again when we have a date/time for the stream (it will be next weekend sometime)
Our LIVE question & answer session is happening THIS WEEKEND on our Twitch channel! twitch.tv/openmultiplayer

Friday 23rd at 7PM London time - check your time zone here! (video will also be on our YouTube channel afterwards)

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c...66&p11=108