• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why This Forum Is Inactive?
Title says it all, may I know why?
Short answer: People are not posting.

Long answer: It was never that active to begin with, there was a little surge when sa-mp forums died and when Kalcor banned everyone who had roles here from there. That was the famous 4/11. The thing is not a lot of people know about this forum, which is a shame, because it is one of the last places to discuss sa-mp development, aside from the official samp discord and the unofficial (better) one.
(2020-10-22, 05:12 PM)LaszloR1 Wrote: Short answer: People are not posting.

Long answer: It was never that active to begin with, there was a little surge when sa-mp forums died and when Kalcor banned everyone who had roles here from there. That was the famous 4/11. The thing is not a lot of people know about this forum, which is a shame, because it is one of the last places to discuss sa-mp development, aside from the official samp discord and the unofficial (better) one.

In their discord are they actively participating there like is there a section for Q/A samp scripting related? Because I want to ask something nobody here wants to answer me
Yes we have a discord channel for this purpose. https://discord.gg/samp
Yes the discord community is most active.
Away
It isn't that bad!
Check out Desolation Roleplay, where zombie AI and scavenging is bothered by player bandits!

Why biggest scripters of forum samp do not come here ?? like Gammix JernejL Slice and DaZzY ... ?
Two of them are inactive/gone away from SA-MP.
Or they're banned, l0l.
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Well if you havent realised then samp is pretty much dead, if we dont consider those suspicious 20*1000 russian servers. So its good time to move on for example gta v, yeah beginning is always hard, but there isnt no point to develope samp anymore and openmp is also taking suspiciously long time for development.

Like its stuck with this old pattern open forum, build ucp, build gamemode(first opening is full of bugs and doesnt work), discord, ts, then first month you get record 30 players and then be closed forever. This openmp directed by people who like to develop something, but they really hasn't made any real servers for real players to know current situation.

Just personally i don't see any point, what can openmp provide more than samp. Like it would take another 5 years to develope something that would be better than current samp, if development goes on with that speed.

For this project normal beta release would be for around 5 - months, when there would be team, who is deticated to develope this project.
SA-MP isn't "pretty much dead" it is alive and well.

" but they really hasn't made any real servers for real players to know current situation."

Many of the members on the team have ran or are running servers, so we pretty much know the "current situation" whatever that is.

Then again, checking your previous posts you seem to like to say "open.mp dead" and this other idiocy, what is your purpose?
Gosh when you are developer in some company then there is estimated devlopment time, when you are just working with personal so called best samp server then there isnt deadline.
The developers are good at their work and everything in this communtiy, but it would be much greater if it would open up much faster and really make a difference is samp scene.
And where this comes always out that samp isnt dead and is well and alive, when even Kalcor samp community creator told that, like he has been longest time around here.
Ofcourse you have had good memories with samp but current situation nowdays isnt like 2013, where everybodies compter was only built to play out samp, teamspeak and nothing else.
Currently there are some good servers most roleplay or freeroam and for english playerbase like ls-rp, uif, crazybobs, gta-mp, rc-rp.

And why are you being so protective over opemp, you just like to develope something for free time? Like for server developers its important what is the final product not how long it took to develope and how great the code is compared to something else.

Like personally i like samp and how its changed for the better, biggest update would be sampctl. But currently if main samp forum is closed and openmp is being developed god knows how long, then maybe kalcor thinks that it would be good idea to also close samp server viewer. And i understand kalcor that he got really bored of this samp, but i dont understand why he wouldnt just give it to people who are intrested of development.
SAMP Is not Dead.

Look at this:?https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samp&sp=EgIIAw%253D%253D
(2020-10-24, 02:40 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Gosh when you are developer in some company then there is estimated devlopment time, when you are just working with personal so called best samp server then there isnt deadline.

The developers are good at their work and everything in this communtiy, but it would be much greater if it would open up much faster and really make a difference is samp scene.

I, personally, am sorry and I apologise for developer team being busy with their own lives and busy with their job or whatever that takes time in their personal life.

You literally said "if you are developer in some company", does this look like a company to you? that devs are actually hired here and working for it? I guess not!

You also said it should only take 5 or 6 months in your earlier posts, let me say: Says who? if you have enough knowledge that you know it *should* only take 5 or 6 months, then why don't you start making a multiplayer mod from the scratch, little by little, and bound to limits and behaviours of another mod to bring backward compatibility? If it was that easy don't you think there are/were many people capable of doing it since first time samp appeared?

If you can't, then how do you know 5 months is enough, do you know people who already did that and it took them only 5 months?

There were some projects that were using SAMP leaked source code and they've been under development for years and didn't get ANYWHERE

Look at samp android, it is using leaked source code, what takes them so long that even after years of development there are still missing features from SA-MP 0.3.7 (not even 0.3DL)

(2020-10-24, 02:40 PM)offr0ad Wrote: And where this comes always out that samp isnt dead and is well and alive, when even Kalcor samp community creator told that, like he has been longest time around here.

Ofcourse you have had good memories with samp but current situation nowdays isnt like 2013, where everybodies compter was only built to play out samp, teamspeak and nothing else.

Currently there are some good servers most roleplay or freeroam and for english playerbase like ls-rp, uif, crazybobs, gta-mp, rc-rp.

So the only thing that matters to you is player base on English samp servers? yea it's fine to say half of those Russian servers are using fake data such as fake players and what not, but can you really say the same in general for the whole samp scene? right now that I'm typing this post SA-MP has 97940 players according to https://samp-servers.net/ and even if we cut it down to 50k players (imagining 47k players are fake) that's still huge, huger than MANY other online games out there that have been released recently

If Kye took wiki and samp forums down, he has his own reasons, he clearly mentioned his leaving over the years and showing his loss of interest day by day (and we all know why, SA-MP forums being up wasn't really helpful to SA-MP scene as many people already left there for whatever reasons they had, active ones got banned, and it was filled with weird? [somehow] stupid questions in scripting help (the only active forum)

Is SAMP like its golden days now? No. Is it dead? No. Is it dying? If you're gonna say a normal player base drop of a 16 years of game is called dying, then all games are dying cause they all experience the same after the hype is gone. SAMP is still alive and doing better than many other online games out there.

(2020-10-24, 02:40 PM)offr0ad Wrote: And why are you being so protective over opemp, you just like to develope something for free time? Like for server developers its important what is the final product not how long it took to develope and how great the code is compared to something else.

Like personally i like samp and how its changed for the better, biggest update would be sampctl. But currently if main samp forum is closed and openmp is being developed god knows how long, then maybe kalcor thinks that it would be good idea to also close samp server viewer. And i understand kalcor that he got really bored of this samp, but i dont understand why he wouldnt just give it to people who are intrested of development.

And saying it again, I'm sorry that people are busy with their personal lives, either gonna be open.mp development team or Kye, they all might have reasons for their short time inactivity.

also about the last paragraph, it's totally up to creator of a product to decide what they should or should not do about ANYTHING they own, can be their forums, main website, server list, or their product.

Kye already mentioned why there are some issues blocking his way for open sourcing or passing the source code to someone else, which is totally understandable, and whatever he does to SAMP, he's the owner and creator of it, he has rights to do it.
(2020-10-24, 02:25 AM)Josh Wrote: SA-MP isn't "pretty much dead" it is alive and well.

" but they really hasn't made any real servers for real players to know current situation."

Many of the members on the team have ran or are running servers, so we pretty much know the "current situation" whatever that is.

Then again, checking your previous posts you seem to like to say "open.mp dead" and this other idiocy, what is your purpose?
I must agree with them about

Like it or not, that's the truth, just because you had a server with ~20 players peak doesn't mean that you are running a server/community.
No one from the team knows true meaning of running samp server AND THAT'S FINE
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Define what a server is and define what a community is.
(2020-10-26, 07:37 AM)Josh Wrote: Define what a server is and define what a community is.

I won't bother to argue with you people here, I'm just waiting for open.mp

Just, you'll have to move to Russia/Balkan to understand what I meant, lol
Using Pawn.CMD?