• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pawn] Object movement
Exclamation 
Hello, how can I make an object move without stopping from one position to another? That is, when I type a cmd: object1 it moves without stopping until I retype the cmd ...

Can it be achieved with MoveObject? ...

thanks.
Uff.

I have no idea how object movement works.

If it's already moving and you want it to move to another location does it start from pos where it was created or from "last pos it was in while moving" ?

or does it have to finish that MoveObject func before ir can move to another location ?
There is a callback called OnObjectMoved but I don't know if it's smooth enough because I recently saw discussion which states it isn't
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-10-30, 07:40 PM)Expert* Wrote: Uff.

I have no idea how object movement works.

If it's already moving and you want it to move to another location does it start from pos where it was created or from "last pos it was in while moving" ?

or does it have to finish that MoveObject func before ir can move to another location ?

The object will move from the last interpolated position (i.e. it was 0,0,0 moving to 100,100,0 but now it is 50,50,0) it will start at 50,50.