• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SA:MP Forums Situation
Information 
Hello all.

Context: I thought I would make this post because there is a huge amount of confusion around this topic and I have gathered some evidence and believe that we should all come together and discuss what is going on and give people REAL FACTS, supported by evidence.

As the majority know, there is currently an ongoing situation with the SA:MP Forums and it's status. Recently, the SA:MP Forums became unreachable, throwing out errors at people and then later, telling us that the site cannot be reached.

It has not been hidden in the SA:MP Community that over the past few years has been a real struggle against the community and the main developer Kalcor who obviously lost motivation with his platform. He made several decisions that led to some members of the community taking his side and some going against him.

[Image: B2rVySl.png]

As visible in the image above, Kalcor himself stated that he was "done" with SA:MP, this only being last year. This caused a lot of confusion and quite simply threw a roadblock infront of the SA:MP community and the updates they were receiving. This was just the start to the problems.? Around the end of 2019, start of 2020, something crazy happened.?

Kalcor released a new update to SA:MP, several months after saying he was "done" with the platform. 0.3DL was a big hit for many and was taken up by the big servers such as Los Santos Roleplay and Red County Roleplay and all was seemingly going well. That was until later that year, the version was discontinued and removed from the SA:MP forums completely. There were alternative ways to find the version however, it was not supported by the developers of several communities. The biggest issue was yet to come though.

During mid-late 2020, something that no-one was expecting happened. After the SA:MP Forums SSL certificate expired,?Kalcor took the decision to completely?revoke the SA:MP forums and wiki from the main website as seen in the image below.

[Image: 3DOGR5q.png]

So let's wrap this up. The SA:MP Forums and wiki are gone and the likelyhood of them coming back is extremely slim (never say never). Don't get your hopes high. For those looking for a archive of the SA:MP Forums, use this link:?http://samp.0xf0.xyz/forum.sa-mp.com/index.html

NOTE: THIS TOPIC IS TO BE USED FOR INFORMATION AND IS NOT HERE TO BE USED TO ARGUE. KEEP ALL REPLIES POSITIVE AND POST YOUR VIEW. ALL IMAGES COME FROM AN OFFICIAL SOURCE!
Pointless discussions.
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
it's not a big loss
We warned you over a year ago that this will happen.
No one really knows what happened, all we can do is move forward and stick together to keep the community alive :)
Follow me on: Twitter/X | Instagram | Twitch
(2020-11-25, 03:13 AM)Potassium Wrote: No one really knows what happened, all we can do is move forward and stick together to keep the community alive :)

Yeah, maybe Kalcor got Corona se he disabled the forums cuz who'd possibly be able to moderate them while he's sick?! ???
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-11-25, 12:30 PM)Pinch Wrote: Yeah, maybe Kalcor got Corona se he disabled the forums cuz who'd possibly be able to moderate them while he's sick?! ???
He is not moderating forums. He just own it, and other members administrate forum and moderators moderate?it by sections. I dont think Kalcor did anything moderation-related in last few years (well, except banning dev's). And that can't be the reason to shut down wiki aswell and remove the links from main page. Since few years ago, he claims sa:mp as 'dead' and this was sadly expected - as he got bored of the samp project and move on with life and new?projects.

BTW: the link for forum mirror doesent seem to work. Its hit or miss, probably too much bandwidth put on server hosting it? I'd would love to atleast save few topics Im interested into as pdf for future reference as I have plan to make one last gamemode before leaving samp/openMP.
BTW: Learn to sarcasm();
Using Pawn.CMD?

What brings me back to the holiday celebration is the joy of reconnecting with loved ones and creating cherished memories. It's like Delta Executor in Roblox—each moment is a unique adventure filled with surprises and excitement, making the experience unforgettable.