• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CODE: A Hands-on Approach
Information

CODE: A Hands-on Approach (cahoa) is a project that aims to serve as a hands-on tutorial for teaching programming (via PAWN, and currently SA-MP). People of different skill levels/experience will benefit from this, but it is mainly targeted at beginners.

Details

You'll find the most up to date draft as a GitHub Gist here

I look forward to your responses and feedback!

Update

The Git Repository is live, and can be found?on GitHub

I'll update it over time, and give some progress updates here and on Discord.
Seems good,
???? ???? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ?????, ?? ???? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??????

Cahoa Chapter 0 Update

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the Chapter 0 project code for cahoa is up and needs your feedback! You can find the code below on the link labeled npc-race repo. As a reminder, this is the chapter that is meant to capture a student's interest - the library is essentially boilerplate code that the students would "play with" via the `test.pwn` file at first, hence why it has many features that would seem nonsensical to have in the very first bit of code shown to someone new to programming. I haven't finished the write-up yet for it, but that's coming soon. Nonetheless, you can still help with feedback, even as early as now!

How you can help

Right now, the code is at a state where I've tested most features on it and they work as expected. However, I may still have made mistakes. On top of mistakes, I may have added certain things that you disagree with a beginner having access to early on (I have to warn that I'd be pretty closed, at least initially, to change these as they have a certain gameplan in my mind of how they're introduced, motivated, etc - I just haven't completely written it down yet). Nonetheless, if you have styling/functionality/any other type of coding concerns, feel free to voice them with me on Discord privately, on this Burgershot post, or as a reply to the subsequent post on #show-off (I'll leave a link to it at the end of this post). What I'd really appreciate is if you could play the actual demo server locally, test features out, and give your honest opinion on whether you find the situation engaging and fun or whether it seems too boring (after all, for the first chapter a huge emphasis is placed on engagement - else people will doze off and become uninterested).

Thanks again :)

Links

#show-off post

npc-race repo

cahoa
Nice work bro..I appreciate it since myself am a beginner.