• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pawn] Virtual worlds
Hello everyone! Could someone please explain virtual worlds to me ((How are they created, what is the limit, etc.))?. I read it on the wiki but it was not entirely clear to me. I would appreciate it very much, greetings to all!
There's a few key things to be kept in mind about virtual worlds:

- They're used to put players in locations which are meant to be entirely separate. For example, the "main world" (by default 0) from other interiors or special locations.

- They're not to be confused with interiors

- The limit is 2^32 (above 2 billions), so they're essentially unlimited for very much all practical purpouses.

Players who are in virtual world X can only see and interact with players who are also in virtual world X (things like chat being the obvious exception), even if they might be in the same physical map location.
(2020-12-21, 02:59 PM)Markski Wrote:

There's a few key things to be kept in mind about virtual worlds:

- They're used to put players in locations which are meant to be entirely separate. For example, the "main world" (by default 0) from other interiors or special locations.

- They're not to be confused with interiors

- The limit is 2^32 (above 2 billions), so they're essentially unlimited for very much all practical purpouses.

Players who are in virtual world X can only see and interact with players who are also in virtual world X (things like chat being the obvious exception), even if they might be in the same physical map location.

I want to create a mapping on the physical map and that in that mapping players can be in different virtual worlds, the idea is obviously that they cannot interact. Is this possible? Thank you!
Yes, just be sure to change the object's vw too (just check streamer.inc if you ain't sure what I'm talking about)
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-12-22, 11:49 AM)Pinch Wrote: Yes, just be sure to change the object's vw too (just check streamer.inc if you ain't sure what I'm talking about)

Understood, thank you very much!