• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pawn] Compiler stops with no message
So I've just removed a whole bunch of script that wasn't being used in my game mode, or that I didn't want to have any more.

I knew that by doing this I would get errors (I've removed 10's of thousands of lines of script).

This would have been ok, as I would have gone through and corrected everything. However, when I compile the script, the compiler just stops, and I get the compiler output window but with no text at all.

What is the likely issue to cause the compiler to stop abruptly and output nothing?
Solved. A little old-school debugging technique worked a treat.
You should explain how you done it, it would be useful to someone in the future, i bet.
Probably also helps google algorithm to discover this website too.
I'd commented out some script, and forgot to put a */ at the end. So it was commenting out other script.

The way I found it, was to comment out half the script, and see if it produced an error or crashed again. If it crashed, I'd comment out another quarter of the script, if it produced an error, I knew the problem lay within that quarter I'd just commented out. So now I have much less script to look through.