• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Server] SAMP ping increase/client drops
Hello!

We have transfered our server from server with i7 4790k to i7 7700k. Now we have problem with server after some time from startup.

Firstly, we have installed debian 9, like on old server and after some time clients(lets say 50-70% players)?just lose connection with the server for only 1 second and instantly reconnect. In server log it says that the package was modified for most of that players.

Then, we have installed ubuntu 20.04. and problem with losing connection was gone. But, after some time from startup, when there is around 750 players connected to the server, ping drastically raise from lets say 60-80 to 200-300ms.

We have tried many other systems, like ubuntu 18.04., debian 10, but with all of them problem is the same as on debian 9.

We have tried servers with other CPU's, like E3-1273 v3, Xeon-E 2136, but without success.

After all tests, we have moved our server back to the server with i7 4790k CPU and everything is working perfectly. But, we need to move our SAMP server from that hosting because DDoS protection is terrible.

Did anyone had the same problem??

My suspicion?is that some of plugins aren't compatible with newer CPU, or something like that. We have used same plugins on all servers we tried.

Plugins list:

- streamer V2.9.3

- sscanf 2.8.3

- mysql R41-4

- profiler 2.15.3

- crashdetect 4.19.4

- SKY 2.3.0

Thank you!
Afaik Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 are the stablest ones for SAMP server, all newer version are unstable (drops)
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.