• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it worth creating a server?
like title says, is it in the future?
If you want some fun, of course. But if you mean financially, it is not worth it.

Open-MP will bring us new resources to create new features, which we haven't had for a long time.
If you mean worth as a monetary value and if that's the only thing you have in your mind then that is sure a quick way into failing. Not worth it for that kind of mindset.
Nope this is not my mindset, I mean if there's a chance I could start a server and community from scratch.
(2021-02-26, 02:20 AM)Z3fRaN Wrote: Nope this is not my mindset, I mean if there's a chance I could start a server and community from scratch.

If you write your own server from scratch then yes.
It is worth it, but it would probably take some time to get a normal playbase depends on your script and effort that you will put into it.. Also if it has something unqiue, original idea and script itself is almost written from scratch and has no copy-paste stuff from other projects then yes for sure.. (and RP server probably is not the best idea if u aim for it (samp is full of RPs servers and it is just boring), idk). Oh and script with same blank SA wont work as well or same old locations...
MSR. MAPPER.

my discord: rustyfocus#4034

I started a server during the global pandemic last year, I didn't start it to make money or stuff but I started for fun. Learned alot of new stuff throughout and still plan to continue. I am not sure what do you exactly mean by "worth" here.
[Image: QIDa2vB.png]

"Worth it" is a difficult because it's different for everyone. Some people just can't find a community they want to be a part of within SA-MP, creating your own server could be a good solution as you can craft your own community and shape it how you want it. If that's the goal then it could be worth it, there's a lot to learn when setting up a server and keeping a community going (including dealing with issues within that community) and that could be very helpful outside of SA-MP too. If you're just making a server to make money: Just don't, it's more worth finding a (parttime) job to make some extra money.
Totally, as long as you have fun! You can learn a lot from managing a project, such as basic coding, even some website building, dealing with a VPS, etc.
Check out Desolation Roleplay, where zombie AI and scavenging is bothered by player bandits!

I dont se why not tbh.
If you're interested in having your own server it's cool and worth it.

You can find new friends and grow samp community with new players.
If you got the time and you're having fun, why not?
Started my script from scratch?15 years ago for fun.?Im now 30 and?I have a lot of?very fond memories from it. A lot of people had fun. Its not as active atm but I love going to SAMP in the morning. It was a roller-coaster tho.

If you don't care about money/fame and you're just trying to have fun and/or learn and don't wanna gain nothing yes, but if you have to ask if it's worth it, you probably shouldn't.
rt-2

[Image: 560x95_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png]