• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pawn] Compiling on Linux
Heyo.

So... In a while ago i just moved into Linux (Ubuntu/Debian)?for other development purposes and i didnt want to stop all my SAMP projects because of Torvalds. My issue is with compiling. Does anyone knows how am i going to be able to compile in this OS? Or do something else so it can work??

Thank you. As yall can notice i am not an expert (not even close to an amateur) on using linux, so... I'm kinda lost here.
You need the updated community compiler:

https://github.com/pawn-lang/compiler/
(2021-03-11, 11:15 PM)Y_Less Wrote: You need the updated community compiler:

https://github.com/pawn-lang/compiler/

Thank you, sir. I got one more question. How can i compile it using the VSCode's tasks?

This is what i got:

PHP Code:
{

? ? 
"version""2.0.0",

? ? 
"tasks":

? ? [

? ? ? {

? ? ? ? 
"label""build",

? ? ? ? 
"type""shell",

? ? ? ? 
"command""${workspaceRoot}/pawno/bin/pawncc",

? ? ? ? 
"args": ["'${file}'""'-D${fileDirname}'""'-;'""'-('""'-d3'"],

? ? ? ? 
"group":

? ? ? ? {

? ? ? ? ? 
"kind""build",

? ? ? ? ? 
"isDefault"true

? ? ? ? },

? ? ? ? 
"isBackground"false,

? ? ? ? 
"presentation":

? ? ? ? {

? ? ? ? ? 
"reveal""always",

? ? ? ? ? 
"panel""dedicated"

? ? ? ? },

? ? ? ? 

? ? ? ? 
"problemMatcher""$pawncc"

? ? ? }

? ? ]

? } 

But actually this doesn't work at all and i get this error message:

Quote:error while loading shared libraries: libpawnc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have no idea how to compile using this OS, so i just presumed it would work with something like that

Thank you again
Well do you have that file in the right directory with ? Otherwise you might need to set pwd first.
(2021-03-13, 02:19 PM)Y_Less Wrote: Well do you have that file in the right directory with ?? Otherwise you might need to set pwd first.

I forgot that softwares on Linux have to work on different directories, in theory.

Just moved to /usr/lib and now it works.

Just one more thing, if I am not disturbing you. How can we add the includes so we can compile with it? (An great example would be using a_samp.inc). Just tried moving to my compile directory, but I'm probably missing something stupid tho.

Thank you one more time. :)
"-i"