• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Server] Problem with OnPlayerDeath
Dear everyone,

I've been facing this issue for almost 2-3 months which I can NOT solve by myself.

The problem is that OnPlayerDeath is not really running correctly. I have a modified hitbox on my server which modifies the damage, and idk if it could be the problem.

The problem is: Randomly when you die, an irritating bug appears which is after you die, your character can stand up and shoot finely for like 1-2 seconds, and then dies, but the funniest is that my code at OnPlayerDeath runs correctly, just suddenly this appears.

I tried to solve it multiple ways, like putting a check if the player is ONFOOT at the end of OnPlayerDeath, but didn't seem to fix my issue, and been stuck with this as I already mentioned for months.

Anyone faced this before?

Thank you in advance!
I saw this but did not decide to fix it and ignored it. This problem is only seen in lagshot.

You can fix this problem by playing the death animation when the player dies.
Also if you want, you can use weapon-config include to solve it.
(2021-03-11, 08:17 PM)Radical Wrote: I saw this but did not decide to fix it and ignored it. This problem is only seen in lagshot.

You can fix this problem by playing the death animation when the player dies.

Also if you want, you can use weapon-config include to solve it.

I'm not using lagshot, but it still appears.

I'll try the death-animation when the player dies, thank you so much :-)
If the problem appeared 2-3 months ago, revert your code to a version from 4 months ago and bisect from there. Once you've found the commit that the bug was introduced in, then you have a much better idea of what caused it and we can help you go from there.
(2021-03-11, 11:20 PM)Y_Less Wrote: If the problem appeared 2-3 months ago, revert your code to a version from 4 months ago and bisect from there.? Once you've found the commit that the bug was introduced in, then you have a much better idea of what caused it and we can help you go from there.

It's because of my custom hitbox, but I have no clue why