• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Tutorial on Pawn
Hey,

? ? ? ?I have a message to open.mp team that there are many newbie want to learn pawn , I know there are many tutorial written but the problem is that its difficult to understand through reading and also there are many tutorial in videos but they are directly starting samp scripting not pawn basic. So I suggest to one of you should start video tutorial it will hel the whole world not only me

Peace Out
Quote:So I suggest to one of you should start video tutorial it will hel the whole world not only me
uhm...how do I say this...

No.

Quote:I know there are many tutorial written but the problem is that its difficult to understand through reading
This is your problem, you probably skipped the school too so that's really not our fault, no one here would record something that's already well documented. ?
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
You just joined 2 months ago and are already asking for additional help. If you think you are going to learn scripting/programming in several months then I'm sorry to tell you, but that's not going to happen. It takes time. A year. Two. Who knows how long. All you have to do is use the internet, search, read on things, practice, experiment. If you have a question about writing code, use the Pawn Scripting category.
ya'll are so negative. everyone learns at different paces and in different methods, reading wikis and forum posts isn't for everyone, some people (me included) benefit from visual tutorials.

sure, a video tutorial would be ideal, but it's not really someone would want to do in their spare time. it's just down to popularity really and at the moment, whilst open.mp is in development and the original forums were turned off, there isn't alot of talent out there willing to lend a hand in their spare time.

there are existing samp tutorials on youtube albeit the majority of them aren't detailed / weren't completed / in a different language. my advice would be to just get stuck in and try make your own base gamemode from scratch. pickup existing opensource gamemodes and try edit them e t c. if, and when you get stuck, ask your specific question for that particular problem and i'm sure someone will help you with it.

unfortunately, PAWN and samp development for new people is quite hard given the original samp forums were discontinued. if you really want to learn, you'll need to do it the hard way.
(2021-04-21, 10:22 PM)Behemoth Wrote: ya'll are so negative. everyone learns at different paces and in different methods, reading wikis and forum posts isn't for everyone, some people (me included) benefit from visual tutorials.

sure, a video tutorial would be ideal, but it's not really someone would want to do in their spare time. it's just down to popularity really and at the moment, whilst open.mp is in development and the original forums were turned off, there isn't alot of talent out there willing to lend a hand in their spare time.

there are existing samp tutorials on youtube albeit the majority of them aren't detailed / weren't completed / in a different language. my advice would be to just get stuck in and try make your own base gamemode from scratch. pickup existing opensource gamemodes and try edit them e t c. if, and when you get stuck, ask your specific question for that particular problem and i'm sure someone will help you with it.

unfortunately, PAWN and samp development for new people is quite hard given the original samp forums were discontinued. if you really want to learn, you'll need to do it the hard way.

You will never but literally never learn properly from the video tutorial unless you're reading the PAWN language pdf.

Personal experience.
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.