• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this dead or what?
title.
so it is
The open-mp project was conceived by people who like to play GTA SA. They work for free in their free time so this should take a lot of time. People are not excited about this so they are not active on the forum.
The deletion of the SAMP forums didn't really help things in general. Spread the word. Be the change.
lost venturas | coming soon
I think that yes it might be dead project.
Because when you have 2 month long breaks in updates, then its mostly caused by projects developers losing interest to this project.
Like yes you dont have to do this as a job, but for like 3 days a week for 3 hour development session could move project forward, but just waiting and doing nothing doesn't do any good to this project.
And you then open project and magically players just come out from nowhere, but even funcinality is worse then samp, because every new project has bugs and problems at the beginning and its just normal and over time it will be better then samp and another problem is playerbase what has decreased drstically, like lsrp making great updates etc but now there are moments where server is almoust empty.
(2021-06-05, 09:08 AM)offr0ad Wrote: I think that yes it might be dead project.

Because when you have 2 month long breaks in updates, then its mostly caused by projects developers losing interest to this project.

Like yes you dont have to do this as a job, but for like 3 days a week for 3 hour development session could move project forward, but just waiting and doing nothing doesn't do any good to this project.

And you then open project and magically players just come out from nowhere, but even funcinality is worse then samp, because every new project has bugs and problems at the beginning and its just normal and over time it will be better then samp and another problem is playerbase what has decreased drstically, like lsrp making great updates etc but now there are moments where server is almoust empty.

I really would love to have a conversation about this but my opinion is that this project was stupid, Y just wanted to sorta get back at Kye for not letting him continue SA-MP, I'm just pissed how nowadays people just get hyped for no reason same shit happened to a V:MP project people got invested, people donated and nothing happened, I'm just fascinated by the fact that these people started a YouTube channel and started making QnA videos like wtf, I just don't get it that's it, people call me "Hater" or whatever, doesn't matter, I just see things as they are, if you hype up something and get people invested and you don't deliver the responsibility falls on you, you can't just say "Oh we are doing this for free and in our free time" you can't do that

Still I would love to have a conversation with whoever feels like I'm missing a point here
Quote: if you hype up something and get people invested and you don't deliver the responsibility falls on you, you can't just say "Oh we are doing this for free and in our free time" you can't do that

Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Yes its always that, when you can't finish something then you try to find reasons why it isnt finished etc, that you are doing it for free and you need time for other things. Ofcourse its understandable we all are humans, but if you set some deadline for project, then you have like reason to make developments for this project.
Saying that its ready is when its ready usually means that project functionality isn't even planned out, because when it changes in time then its need to be also developed and this adds more time and with current development speed, it would take atleast 3 years.

And this project started off from the rush from getting banned from kalcor project and then decided to create your own community but over time development team realised that its very time consuming project and building almoust identical project of original samp just got boring. And overall popularity of this project is small, mostly this community contains people who have been related with samp like 5 years, there isn't much new comers.
(2021-06-07, 07:00 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Yes its always that, when you can't finish something then you try to find reasons why it isnt finished etc, that you are doing it for free and you need time for other things. Ofcourse its understandable we all are humans, but if you set some deadline for project, then you have like reason to make developments for this project.

Saying that its ready is when its ready usually means that project functionality isn't even planned out, because when it changes in time then its need to be also developed and this adds more time and with current development speed, it would take atleast 3 years.

And this project started off from the rush from getting banned from kalcor project and then decided to create your own community but over time development team realised that its very time consuming project and building almoust identical project of original samp just got boring. And overall popularity of this project is small, mostly this community contains people who have been related with samp like 5 years, there isn't much new comers.

There's a ton of people that actually were interested in helping them...but you know...they're all banned/ignored now.
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2021-06-07, 10:38 PM)Pinch Wrote:
(2021-06-07, 07:00 PM)offr0ad Wrote: Yes its always that, when you can't finish something then you try to find reasons why it isnt finished etc, that you are doing it for free and you need time for other things. Ofcourse its understandable we all are humans, but if you set some deadline for project, then you have like reason to make developments for this project.

There's a ton of people that actually were interested in helping them...but you know...they're all banned/ignored now.

It just started from a circlejerk on discord, its so childish Y_Less and others on the team have child like mentality
I really would love to have a conversation about this but my opinion is that this project was stupid,

Y just wanted to sorta get back at Kye for not letting him continue SA-MP,

I'm just pissed how nowadays people just get hyped for no reason same shit happened to a V:MP project people got invested,

people donated and nothing happened, I'm just fascinated by the fact that these people started a YouTube channel and started making QnA videos like wtf,

I just don't get it that's it, people call me "Hater" or whatever, doesn't matter, I just see things as they are, if you hype up something and get people invested and you don't deliver the responsibility falls on you,

you can't just say "Oh we are doing this for free and in our free time" you can't do that

Still I would love to have a conversation with whoever feels like I'm missing a point here
(2021-06-12, 08:18 AM)RoughDawg Wrote:

It just started from a circlejerk on discord, its so childish Y_Less and others on the team have child like mentality

Exactly.

They were never serious to begin with, it's noticable how they never had a successful community lmao.
Using Pawn.CMD?

(2021-07-10, 12:48 AM)Pinch Wrote:

Exactly.

They were never serious to begin with, it's noticable how they never had a successful community lmao.

(2021-07-10, 12:48 AM)Pinch Wrote:

Exactly.

lol

https://imgur.com/a/7tXB0zc