• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] OPEN.MP Client Progress?
Question 
A little new here to the forum, but certainly a longtime vet for GTA SA-MP. I've been playing ever since 2007. Just here to ask a few questions for the developers.

[Image: 3.png]

Question #1
I noticed you guys had a YouTube channel back a long while ago and saw that you're developing a client that will be backwards compatible with the OG SA-MP servers? Or will the severs specifically have to be set up with OPEN.MP coding?

Question #2
What is the initial progress of this client? It's really neat to see Definitive, mobile, and OG San Andreas players coming together for the first time. I reckon I haven't heard or seen anything new ever since the start of this year. Should we be in worry that the progress of this client has been halted...? Really excited to see an initial update or something in the near future, but not seeing anything about it after many months is confusing to me. Seeing Kalcor just ditch the original SA-MP client "implying" that SA-MP will be dead eventually was insane as he could have went so much further with development.
SA-MP isnt Dead. Look at Russia. ArizonaRP has more than 6servers with 600 - 1000 People. In my Coutry Ger, sa-mp is dead long time ago
You're probably not going to read this (most new users register, make a post and disappear) but I'll reply to your questions since nobody else has.

Question #1 - Will the servers specifically have to be set up with OPEN.MP coding?
I managed a server back in 2010 and I've updated the server's pawn code over the years and more recently to work with Open.MP so it is possible to give life to old servers.  They don't have to be set up with Open.MP code only but there are changes to make inside the gamemode script (most of which I've forgotten) as after installing Open.MP your gamemode code is likely to generate errors if you're trying to run it using Open.MP server instead of the usual SA:MP server executable.  Basically I installed Open.MP into my existing server folder and had to make changes to some plugins and specific lines of code within the gamemode script.  Everything now works (0 warnings and 0 errors) and it's a great server with so many features but I probably didn't install and update my server for compatibility with Open.MP using the conventional recommended methods.

Question #2 - What is the initial progress of this client?
There's not much information about the client or when it's going to be released unfortunately but you're more likely to read about progress and updates on the Open.MP Discord channels.

(2023-07-26, 11:04 PM)crychazer Wrote: SA-MP isnt Dead. Look at Russia. ArizonaRP has more than 6servers with 600 - 1000 People. In my Coutry Ger, sa-mp is dead long time ago

Are you certain that those Russian servers with 600 to 1000 players are all real humans playing and not including hundreds of bots of some kind?  I've seen 'players' being generated in servers with convincing names but they weren't real people.  I hope SA:MP is still as popular as you believe.
[Image: Signature.png]
(2023-07-27, 05:36 PM)Shadeush Wrote: You're probably not going to read this (most new users register, make a post and disappear) but I'll reply to your questions since nobody else has.

Luckily for you I was really looking forward to seeing a response back no matter how long it took. Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.
Is there any update on the client status? the regular SA:MP masterlist has been shutdown.