• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] Many questions regarding open-mp
Hello, I have so many questions regarding open-mp and trust me, I've read EVERY readme file (newbie expert and intermediate) but I couldn't find the answer I need.

1) I'm currently running a Sa-Mp server, I've downloaded the openmp server files but I don't know how to proceed, I mean:

I've copied everything from my samp folder to openmp, removing samp-server.exe and everything related to it. Moved includes from pawno to qawno.

When I open qawno and try to compile, it gives me an error regarding an include version (It requires version X but I do have version X!).

So I guess it's something related the include path (and for this case, the whole server path), which I don't understand HOW I can set it, I've tried to set the pawncc in the compiler settings in Qawno, but I'm having problems to set server folder in "server settings" in Qawno. A help (and maybe a documentation for newbies regarding this) will be really appreciated.

2) Regarding server.cfg file, is it still necessary or I need to edit the config.json in the root folder? If so, how I can list the filterscripts/plugins to use?

3) My players will know about the difference between Samp and OpenMP? I mean, when they connect to my server.

4) Is a client planned to be released?

5) Hosted tab is still needed? I mean what's the ratio between SaMp and OpenMP with/without hosted tab?

6) It's possible to use Sublime Text instead of qawno? if so, how?

That's all for now, thank you.
Bump.
1 - Please specify what exactly is failing to be picked up

2 - I don't know this, but hopefully someone else does.

3 - Your players will be able to play all the same through standard SA-MP. They should not be able to note a difference.

4 - A client is planned

5 - I'm not sure if hosted tab will allow OMP servers, but that's going to shut down soon anyways.

6 - I'm not sure where that question comes from, you can still use any editor.
(2023-08-27, 11:39 PM)Markski Wrote: 1 - Please specify what exactly is failing to be picked up

2 - I don't know this, but hopefully someone else does.

3 - Your players will be able to play all the same through standard SA-MP. They should not be able to note a difference.

4 - A client is planned

5 - I'm not sure if hosted tab will allow OMP servers, but that's going to shut down soon anyways.

6 - I'm not sure where that question comes from, you can still use any editor.

Thanks for your answers. Question 1 is quite simple to understand.

I cannot understand how to correctly set up an openmp server.

Why not make a tutorial?

And regarding hosted tab question:

Do you think openmp servers will have the "similar" player base of servers hosted to samp? Because seems a bit utopian.
Tried to "convert" to Open-MP, while compiling i'm getting a lot of errors and warnings even regarding the includes I'm using. How to exclude them from showing in compiling?

Why there's no damn tutorial made for OpenMP newbies instead of putting random screenshots regarding qawno? A tutorial about how to correctly convert a Sa-Mp server to Open-MP will be good.
This are the errors (26) and warnings that I get while compiling with the new open-mp includes:

With default SA-MP includes I wasn't getting ANY of them. Now tell me, how I can fix this? I've also the latest YSI 5.x
What an awesome support. Zero tutorials, empty forum and zero answers.

EDIT: Just found the problem: It's in the latest YSI includes.

Before updating:

user error: YSI assumes `sNAMEMAX` is 31.

After updating I get the errors/warnings I posted.

EDIT 2: No, it's not YSI includes the problem, something strange with new includes cause I'm gettings errors even on my gamemode (where with the old includes I wasn't).
I can sympathise with your frustration so I've typed up some information below that might help you.  I was in your situation some time ago so I know how it feels when something you care about stops working!  Unfortunately there's not much life here on the forum, it's quite desolate so you might get more support on the Open.MP Discord channels.  Also it may help to search in Discord for specific problems like 'function is deprecated' and other issues you have because I've found many solutions that way so you could try that Jason.

After I installed Open.MP and loaded omp-server.exe I did get many errors but I don't remember everything I did to fix those errors.  But like you I tried to search online and on the Open.MP website but it's too difficult to find solutions and honestly there is no clear and simple guidance for beginners or even quite experienced programmers like myself to make the transition to Open.MP compatibility.  I know I had to edit one include file but that was related to const strings I think.  I've been coding my game mode since 2010 and when I learned about Open.MP I did the same thing as you however I don't use Qawno to edit or compile my script, compilation takes about 12 seconds compared to 2 seconds in Sublime which is linked to the standard 'pawno/pawncc.exe' listed inside the Pawn.sublime-build file stored inside SublimeText3\Data\Packages for Sublime.

More relevant to your situation is that Qawno gives me errors (I just tried it) that I don't get in the other Pawno compiler however that's probably related to missing or old include files inside the Qawno include folder.  Perhaps I should be using Qawno and some experts may recommend that but I know I can run my amx with samp-server.exe or omp-server.exe without warnings and my script compiles now without warnings or errors in Sublime.  So I know my game mode loads and functions using SA:MP or Open.MP (server) and last year I tested my server online with plenty of players without problems.

Looking at some of your warnings and errors, firstly search inside the Open.MP Discord channels because many of your errors are actually there and I can see now that there are other people having the same identical error issues, I hope you find some answers.  Anyway some small suggestions:

• Function is deprecated (symbol "Something") Use `SomethingElse`
I can see spelling differences between some words in your linked PasteBin file so you may need to carefully search for and swap the function words to what's recommended - for example '(symbol "PlayerTextDrawColor") Use `PlayerTextDrawColour'` < notice the spelling of colour compared to the Americanised color.  So some of those errors relate to the spelling of colour.  Another option may be to update the eSelection.inc to the latest version.

• Tag mismatch: expected tag "bool"
Yesterday on Discord Y-Less suggested using true/false instead of numbers (example 0/1) so see if that makes a difference if you alter those lines of code or update the include version?

• Regarding server.cfg file, is it still necessary or I need to edit the config.json in the root folder? If so, how I can list the filterscripts/plugins to use?
When running my game mode (amx) using the omp-server.exe it reads my server.cfg but if the server crashes then it switches to the config.json (don't know why) so I keep them both identical.  I don't use any filterscripts but search for the line 'legacy_plugins' inside the config.json file and list your plugins there.

• My players will know about the difference between Samp and OpenMP? I mean, when they connect to my server.
They should just connect as usual and experience the same server.

• Is a client planned to be released?
Many people are waiting, could be released sooner now that we know the SA-MP is closing its Hosted tab within the SA-MP client so it won't be so easy for new players to find and join servers.

• Hosted tab is still needed? I mean what's the ratio between SaMp and OpenMP with/without hosted tab?
Years ago it was possible to announce your server and have it appearing on the Internet tab but then that was removed meaning the only option server owners had was to pay to have their servers on the Hosted tab but that will close soon however check the work by Markski at https://markski.ar/samonitor

For linking a compiler inside Sublime I followed instructions in the links below, perhaps these might help and I can post code for my Pawn.sublime-build file and more information if you need it but I'm running out of time tonight so here are links:
https://github.com/Southclaws/pawn-sublime-language
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=626423

Some further advice, take back up copies of your files before making changes (just zip your whole C:\Users\testuser\Desktop\Server folder) and then if things go wrong you can restore your precious files.  I spent this evening examining your problems instead of coding so I hope some this helps you Jason, good luck!
Thank you for your answer, really appreciated.

I'm already using Sublmite Text but compiling with qawno doesn't make any difference.

The thing that makes me mad is first there's NO tutorial regarding Sa-Mp > OpenMP conversion and second, the errors/warnings I'm getting (apart the deprecated functions that I can easily fix them) doesn't show while using normal SaMp includes, even with latest YSI.

Third, I don't understand why I need to see includes warnings when with old SaMp includes I wasn't getting, seriously who cares? I can understand errors but why warnings of ALL includes I'm using?

I'm at a blind spot, I have warnings/errors regarding bools, textdraws, functions etc. everything that I wasn't getting while compiling with Sa-Mp includes.

I've tried to join the OpenMP discord but it says link not valid.

I cannot figure out this and how I can fix it. Knowing the experience of who made OpenMP, I would've expected a better introduction for openmp newbies regarding the conversion, instead, the only documentation we have is a bunch of links, one different from another (use this qawno includes, but then use strlib includes). Why you have to make it so hard?

The 3 read me files (newbie intermediate and expert) doesn't help me at all. I've 10 years of coding experience and I've never seen something like this.

Errors and warnings spawns like cheaters in a russian server, even if you haven't made ANY change to ANY file/include.

Asking at the Discord server won't help me for sure cause I cannot list EVERY single error/warning I'm getting, and, I don't know why but it's for sure...i'll have "default" answers such as:

Update YSI
Update Includes

And shit like this that won't help me at ALL.

Tell me why with normal Sa-Mp includes, my gamemode compiles with 0 ERRORS and 0 WARNINGS, then I switch to OpenMP and I'm getting a bunch load of errors/warnings.

It's not something related MY code.
I've been programming for many years too but I'm no expert, it's an occasional hobby for me and it takes me a long time to fix problems that happen sometimes as I update and add features to my server. On rare occasions I've had sleepless nights trying to figure out a way of putting a new idea into real code that works for players or getting past an error code so I'm honestly limited in what I can advise, I think you need more help from others with more experience that can guide you.

You ask about why you're seeing warnings using Open.MP and yet no warnings with the SA-MP server but I really don't know. The problem is that this is not supposed to be difficult for server owners to translate/update to Open.MP and I thought things would be easier so yes it's really discouraging and I almost stopped and quit because I was once in your situation. I had to go through all the warnings/errors one by one and change some code inside a few include files then suddenly it all appeared to work.

In your position I would be inclined to pause any change over to Open.MP when I know I can run my game mode and that things will work. Perhaps the Open.MP team or someone on YouTube will create a proper guide and instructions with answers to all these warnings/errors and why they are happening.  We should expect the Open.MP client players (when it gets released) to connect to SA-MP servers (samp-server.exe) so why the urgency to move over to Open.MP?

Have you looked into the guidance on this page and perhaps the information or the Upgrader tool can help?
https://www.open.mp/blog/release-candidate-1

Another extreme solution would be to remove the need to even use those includes, stop your dependency on those includes which are causing problems but I know that's a difficult decision to make depending on how integrated and complex your game mode script is but I know that I lost patience with specific functions/includes and just removed them, swapped them with a similar include or tried something else.

Sorry I can't offer any more help really but I know that just searching for those warnings/errors (from your PasteBin link) in Open.MP's Discord channel will bring back results that match your problems exactly and I can see that others have identical problems so you won't need to ask anyone in their channels - there might be answers there if you can get successfully registered and logged into their Discord, then use the Search function.
Shadeush I really appreciate the help you're giving me. The errors I'm getting is when I compile the gamemode, not when I run it (Because I cannot even run it due to this errors/warnings).
I've just read your conversations on their Discord, looks like you're finding solutions with the experts and things are looking better. Good luck with your game mode, bye!
[Image: Signature.png]