• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] open.mp anticheat
I believe it would be a great idea to take into consideration adding an?anticheat to the open.mp client. Aiming hacks are a huge issue currently and a lot of servers already adopted clientsided anticheats like whitetiger's or sampcac. In the beginning, I am sure that adding natives for small checks (like returning a list of injected modules into the gta_sa executable, or checking the md5 hash of a local file) would help us greatly.
i love u all
(2019-04-16, 09:39 AM)Reachless Wrote: I believe it would be a great idea to take into consideration adding an?anticheat to the open.mp client. Aiming hacks are a huge issue currently and a lot of servers already adopted clientsided anticheats like whitetiger's or sampcac. In the beginning, I am sure that adding natives for small checks (like returning a list of injected modules into the gta_sa executable, or checking the md5 hash of a local file) would help us greatly.

Though the first release of Open.mp will only include the server part, we almost certainly will?be delivering it with an Anticheat. We do care about our community, and we strive to tackle the problems that SA-MP has left behind.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
A good thing is that the launcher analyze your GTA, to detect hacks.
[Image: oN9R4KR.gif]

Away
SampCac and Whitetiger?s anticheat were effective only on the first days.

Later when it became petty much used by everyone the people started to find ways to round it.

And they pretty much succeeded from my pov, in order to actually make it properly detect the cheats was to constantly update it, which required lot of work from the developer/s to make new security checks and fix issues related to their stuff.

Whitetiger didn?t really had much time for SA-MP, that?s why he didn?t update often his AC. And another reason he made it open sourced.

You now see SampCac is not even getting updates since months. (The main website is offline which makes me double think if it?s abandoned or temporarily off)

The main developer is inactive as you might see, which made now SampCac easily bypassed now.

I think if the people from open.mp wishes to make a new AC, they should make it with a new team that is willing to constantly update it.
(2019-04-16, 09:59 AM)JustMichael Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 09:39 AM)Reachless Wrote: I believe it would be a great idea to take into consideration adding an?anticheat to the open.mp client. Aiming hacks are a huge issue currently and a lot of servers already adopted clientsided anticheats like whitetiger's or sampcac. In the beginning, I am sure that adding natives for small checks (like returning a list of injected modules into the gta_sa executable, or checking the md5 hash of a local file) would help us greatly.

Though the first release of Open.mp will only include the server part, we almost certainly will?be delivering it with an Anticheat. We do care about our community, and we strive to tackle the problems that SA-MP has left behind.

I'll personally donate anything for this.
What if someone wanted to have his own private server to cheat on or some shit? Or wanted to smh use cheats for anything different than ruining other peoples fun? Instead creating fun this way? hmmmmmmm
[Image: 9ADjXHr.gif]

(2019-04-16, 10:01 AM)Mugsy Wrote: A good thing is that the launcher analyze your GTA, to detect hacks.

There will be no launcher for open mp. It will be a server package only (for now).

(2019-04-16, 09:59 AM)JustMichael Wrote: Though the first release of Open.mp will only include the server part,
(2019-04-16, 12:37 PM)Blacky Wrote: What if someone wanted to have his own private server to cheat on or some shit? Or wanted to smh use cheats for anything different than ruining other peoples fun? Instead creating fun this way? hmmmmmmm

making anticheat optional in servers config file then?
(2019-04-16, 12:37 PM)Blacky Wrote: What if someone wanted to have his own private server to cheat on or some shit? Or wanted to smh use cheats for anything different than ruining other peoples fun? Instead creating fun this way? hmmmmmmm

thats what a cheater would say >:)

wallhacks and healthhacks are the worst :(

We haven't yet discussed the configuration of how the anti cheat will eventually be used, I would expect that it wouldn't be configurable since there is not need to turn it off. However we will discuss this at a later point and we will address all further concerns then.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
(2019-04-16, 10:01 AM)Mugsy Wrote: A good thing is that the launcher analyze your GTA, to detect hacks.

While I totally agree, I urge caution, because mods are also important to be supported. Servers CANNOT force players to play vanilla san andreas, mods must be supported.

Servers should be able to check whether the client detected cheats and act accordingly. If on my server I want to allow cheats, I should be able to, but if I want a 0-tolerance policy on cheats, I should be able to do that too.
(2019-04-16, 01:16 PM)iReal Worlds Wrote: Servers should be able to check whether the client detected cheats and act accordingly. If on my server I want to allow cheats, I should be able to, but if I want a 0-tolerance policy on cheats, I should be able to do that too.

Yes, that would be the best to let servers?handle cheaters themselves?IMO.
Nothing official here, but if we get to the client I am sure we'll add more advanced detection against harmful behaviour.

Letting servers completely handle the way we detect malicious behaviour will open another door though, who want's to allow people to basically grief other people?
Quote:Servers should be able to check whether the client detected cheats and act accordingly. If on my server I want to allow cheats, I should be able to, but if I want a 0-tolerance policy on cheats, I should be able to do that too.
This
Meow
If use launcher and player use modload, sampaddon, ... anti-system have ban them?
[Image: 0T2dscl.png]

I shouldn't be mentioning SA-MP here but don't forget that SA-MP had anti cheat too... very long ago.

It was easily bypassed and then the whole thing became useless. Don't forget that games with big corporations like Epic and Valve have their anti cheats bypassed.

If anti cheating measures were so accurate, which is not possible for various reasons including lag. It would be very hard for the developers to maintain it.

I don't think it shouldn't be added - but, for now, NO.
In some cases, the detector doesn't see the hacks. Also, detector software is very similar to trojan-like viruses, so in some cases, their antimalware services will block the detector. In some cases, detectors are not working properly, so the user can get a ban just because he has a trojan in his system, so the detector will think that he is hacking. In my opinion, the best way to create the proper anti-cheat system is approaching to the proper hacker service like https://guidedhacking.com and ask them for suggestions about the most effective way to protect our server from cheaters.