• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think?
How long do you think it would take for a person to learn the pawn lang from scratch and code his own server and get it running?? 2 years??
Big Grin 
(2024-07-02, 08:18 PM)yamanshrestha2018 Wrote: How long do you think it would take for a person to learn the pawn lang from scratch and code his own server and get it running?? 2 years??

In my opinion, if she has knowledge about programming logic, she will achieve all of this in a short time, I would say in days. Without that, I think it would take months.
RECEBA! É O CARA DA LUVA DE PEDREIRO!
GRAÇAS A DEUS PAI! O MELHOR DO MUNDO!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Learn it by practice !
You get faster results if you experiment to see how this language works.
download some game modes to see how functions are built.
Its slow because you must restart server to see result of editing some part of the code.

Important !
You know you are getting somewhere if you start to notice mistakes in your own code and in code written by others.

And you should know basics because its shared across all digital world.

One basic:
all data in memory is stored as array of byte !
Number values and text.

Number 1000 is 1000 only for human, in memory its stored as (From Low Byte: 232, 3.
Because 3x256=768
1000-768=232
You dont need to mess around with memory in Pawn so its not critical.
(2024-07-04, 02:26 PM)Lark_1 Wrote: Learn it by practice !
You get faster results if you experiment to see how this language works.
download some game modes to see how functions are built.
Its slow because you must restart server to see result of editing some part of the code.

Important !
You know you are getting somewhere if you start to notice mistakes in your own code and in code written by others.

And you should know basics because its shared across all digital world.

One basic:
all data in memory is stored as array of byte !
Number values and text.

Number 1000 is 1000 only for human, in memory its stored as  (From Low Byte: 232, 3.
Because 3x256=768   
1000-768=232
You dont need to mess around with memory in Pawn so its not critical.

hey man can i get your discord or something to pm you? i got some question i wanna clearup
I cannot help with Pawn, ...i have very little experience with it.

Pascal is the code language i have used for programs i have created.
No one really knows how long it could take, because it is decided by different factors e.g. Is this your first time ever programming?

Experienced programmers can pick up new languages so incredibly fast, because they're not learning how to program and a new language at the same time.

Once you've come across one of each major kind of concept languages might use, learning a new one is about identifying which ones the particular language uses, and what it does that is just its own quirky rule.

Then you think for a while about how to approach using that combination of features, read the Pawn language document for a bit (you can download it from here: https://midosvt.com/midostuff/pawn-lang.pdf), and start doing some work. Looking at existing code for idioms helps a lot too.

That's how I and a lot of other people have managed to learn Pawn in a few months.