PawnPlus extensions and helpers for the MySQL plugin

Installation

Simply install to your project:

Code:
sampctl package install AGraber/pawn-plus-mysql

Include in your code and begin using the library:

Code:
#include <pp-mysql>

It is recommended that you set a PawnPlus version explicitely on your pawn.json (preferibly the latest) to avoid always downloading the latest one.

If you don?t use sampctl, just download the pp-mysql.inc include and drop it to your includes/ folder, and then download the PawnPlus plugin and include from here.

While you?re on it and if you don?t use PawnPlus yet, you should check it out!

Usage

All existing mysql_[t/p]query now have a variant that accepts PawnPlus strings, ending with _s (for example, mysql_tquery_s).

In addition, a new member arrives into the family of these natives: mysql_aquery[_s], which returns a task that will be set as completed when the query completes successfully, or fault when there?s an error during its execution.

Note that mysql_aquery[_s] will piggyback on mysql_tquery by default. You can override this and use mysql_tquery by setting the parallel parameter at the end to true, or explicitly change this default value by defining MYSQL_ASYNC_DEFAULT_PARALLEL to you desired value.

Examples

Using PawnPlus strings on natives

PHP Code:
public OnPlayerTookAllCandies(playerid)

{

? ?
mysql_tquery_s(DatabaseHandle, @("UPDATE player SET took_candies = UNIX_TIMESTAMP() WHERE id = ") % GetPlayerDBID(playerid));

Task-based asynchronous queries:

PHP Code:
LoadPlayerData(playerid)

{

? ?
await mysql_aquery_s(DatabaseHandle, @("SELECT * FROM player WHERE id = ") % GetPlayerDBID(playerid), .parallel false);

? ?
// Cache functions will be available after this

? ?cache_get_value_name_float(0"health"PlayerHealth[playerid]);

? ?
// ...

Very useful!
another incredible revolution in the pawner world
I was waiting for this, thought it was just a joke or an idea when it was being discussed on discord. I will be using pawn plus from now on, see if I can get used to it. Thanks for the release Graber.
I know pawn-plus uses this naming scheme, but please don't copy it. One thing we want to do with open.mp is promote consistency in naming schemes and styles. The argument used with pawn-plus was that the core library is inconsistent, so why can't that also be inconsistent (in a different way)? We intend to fix the core library.
(2019-04-20, 11:19 AM)Y_Less Wrote: I know pawn-plus uses this naming scheme, but please don't copy it. One thing we want to do with open.mp is promote consistency in naming schemes and styles. The argument used with pawn-plus was that the core library is inconsistent, so why can't that also be inconsistent (in a different way)? We intend to fix the core library.

Actually I think it follows the naming scheme of the MySQL plugin.
It's about time, I've been nagging you forever uwu

Best include, very much love ;)
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
(2019-04-20, 12:19 PM)kristo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 11:19 AM)Y_Less Wrote: I know pawn-plus uses this naming scheme, but please don't copy it. One thing we want to do with open.mp is promote consistency in naming schemes and styles. The argument used with pawn-plus was that the core library is inconsistent, so why can't that also be inconsistent (in a different way)? We intend to fix the core library.

Actually I think it follows the naming scheme of the MySQL plugin.

It comes from both mysql (the function base name) and also PawnPlus (the _s part). I was trying to make it consistent with those, although they are not consistent. What do you recommend instead?
not work with pawnplus 1.2