• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] progress videos and pics
let us have a sneek peek on how you guys test openmp

and please recreate that pic in the elevator where kalcor said that y_less wasn t part of, thanks
i love u all
Yes,I would love to see how much progress the developer team have made.
Don't take this as an official update, but I'm about half way though designing and writing the PAWN standard library. It will feature both a new API and multiple compatibility modes, which I will document later, so all existing PAWN scripts will work with almost no modifications needed to them. As I've written SA-MP gamemodes for nearly 7 years myself, I'm trying to design the new API looking at it from both implementer's and scripter's perspective. The new API will feature a new naming scheme, more tag safety and more consistency in general.
that's great news, but please keep in mind that the server owners need little (if no) modifications requirements to migrate to open.mp

by the way, if the new dev section is a result of my suggestion, u deserve my applauds
i love u all
(2019-04-17, 04:45 PM)Reachless Wrote: that's great news, but please keep in mind that the server owners need little (if no) modifications requirements to migrate to open.mp

Absolutely. Ideally the only necessary changes would be changing the standard library #include line and adding a definition for compatibility mode in front of it.
As stated almost everywhere, we aim for flawless transition (as much as we can).

Videos & Pics can't be really shown in a nice way right now, there's nothing fancy to show in that case, many things happen in the back-end side of stuff.
(2019-04-17, 04:43 PM)kristo Wrote: Don't take this as an official update, but I'm about half way though designing and writing the PAWN standard library. It will feature both a new API and multiple compatibility modes, which I will document later, so all existing PAWN scripts will work with almost no modifications needed to them. As I've written SA-MP gamemodes for nearly 7 years myself, I'm trying to design the new API looking at it from both implementer's and scripter's perspective. The new API will feature a new naming scheme, more tag safety and more consistency in general.

I literally hate how some natives have the term "player" and some have "client", and the some natives use all small letters while the others use the upper camel case.
(2019-04-18, 06:17 PM)Alaska Wrote: I literally hate how some natives have the term "player" and some have "client", and the some natives use all small letters while the others use the upper camel case.

Yes.
(2019-04-18, 06:17 PM)Alaska Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 04:43 PM)kristo Wrote: Don't take this as an official update, but I'm about half way though designing and writing the PAWN standard library. It will feature both a new API and multiple compatibility modes, which I will document later, so all existing PAWN scripts will work with almost no modifications needed to them. As I've written SA-MP gamemodes for nearly 7 years myself, I'm trying to design the new API looking at it from both implementer's and scripter's perspective. The new API will feature a new naming scheme, more tag safety and more consistency in general.

I literally hate how some natives have the term "player" and some have "client", and the some natives use all small letters while the others use the upper camel case.

Yes, this will be taken care of. The naming scheme from Y_Less' PAWN Curriculum is what I'm following when creating the new scripting API.