• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] SA:MP specific objects
As we know, SA:MP has many objects added that are not in GTA:SA by default.

Will those objects be featured in open.mp.

My guess is that they're copyrighted, so we're gonna have to import them ourselves with our own risk.

Also, maybe just a?thread for small questions would be great! :)
The first release will only feature a server binary and the existing SA-MP client will be used for connecting to it. Later, when we add a client, we will most likely have these models recreated by someone. If there's anyone with the required skillset willing to help us in that effort, that would be highly appreciated.
(2019-04-20, 04:04 PM)kristo Wrote: The first release will only feature a server binary and the existing SA-MP client will be used for connecting to it. Later, when we add a client, we will most likely have these models recreated by someone. If there's anyone with the required skillset willing to help us in that effort, that would be highly appreciated.

I'd just like to point out that SA:MP features 1433 objects so it's not gonna be an?easy task.
Second, even if you re-create them, it still might be subject to copyright.

Maybe try taking Cessil on open.mp's side! Cessil being the guy that made them, considering he still holds rights to those objects.
There might be many objects, but those which are Rockstar's are fine to use, such as glasses, hats, and masks, some have new textures made by Kalcor but the original model is still Rockstar's, so a retexture would do just fine for those, but still a lot of the objects are new, like the stunts and signs.

You can just grab the stunt models from GTA V, use the ProOptimizer to get a lowpoly version to replace with the ones in samp's, same with the signs and such, just an idea.
Sorry for bumping this one. But I was about to discuss this aswell. It would be nice to have some official Open MP objects. Like in sa-mp.

I think it would be a very bad idea to use the ones from sa-mp. I think it's better to add new similar ones and with the same dimensions
(2019-04-21, 10:36 AM)BadassBaboon Wrote: There might be many objects, but those which are Rockstar's are fine to use, such as glasses, hats, and masks, some have new textures made by Kalcor but the original model is still Rockstar's, so a retexture would do just fine for those, but still a lot of the objects are new, like the stunts and signs.

You can just grab the stunt models from GTA V, use the ProOptimizer to get a lowpoly version to replace with the ones in samp's, same with the signs and such, just an idea.

Can you do that? If you can, do few different style of objects and pitch them to open.mp team. If they like it and think about considering it, you can convert all of em.
I think all we need is objects from cutscenes and more custom objects / objects that are merged with big branch that could use separation. Not a hard task. Only thing is appointing collision to them. I myself can do custom objects and re-create / separate / re-work GTA SA (or other game) objects, except I can't work around with collision thing for GTA SA.