• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UGMP and open.mp teams should work together, change my mind
Lightbulb 
^

I've?sent a message recently in the discord?about a possibile division of the players between the two communities,?UGMP and open.mp, then actual devs replied and?turns out that the UGMP code could be easily integrated in the open.mp code.

OpenGround.MP when? I really love this idea, they're both ambitious projects, i hope it'll happen.
(2019-04-24, 07:24 PM)ronfino Wrote: actual devs replied and?turns out that the open.mp code could be easily integrated in the UGMP code.

You mean the other way around?
(2019-04-24, 07:36 PM)Josh Wrote: You mean the other way around?

FORGIVE ME FATHER
So long as Burgershot.gg remains #1.
As far as I'm aware, UG:MP is basically a plugin, so there's nothing stopping them already.
UG:MP only comes with an include and a plugin on the server side, on the client, the reverse-engineered code for 0.3.7 is stored in Underground_core.asi for the adoption and new features. UG:MP is technically a SA:MP adaption for GTA Underground which comes with extra natives and features. I know that open.mp is not based on SA:MP, so I have no clue how it can work with UG:MP or GTA UG while supporting it's new content (natives, animations, models, vehicles, weapons, etc...)
(2019-04-25, 08:12 PM)BadassBaboon Wrote: UG:MP only comes with an include and a plugin on the server side, on the client, the reverse-engineered code for 0.3.7 is stored in Underground_core.asi for the adoption and new features. UG:MP is technically a SA:MP adaption for GTA Underground which comes with extra natives and features. I know that open.mp is not based on SA:MP, so I have no clue how it can work with UG:MP or GTA UG while supporting it's new content (natives, animations, models, vehicles, weapons, etc...)

Does your server plugin do any memory hacking? If so, let's just say anything you need to use memory hacking for in SA-MP would be part of the Open.MP API.
UGMP will likely flop as it requires downloading gigabytes for their launcher due to custom content last I heard. In addition, they've been building hype for years but in this time most have left San Andreas, in this community you need to act fast as you lose them quicker than you gain them honestly. It's easy to invite/keep people in a Discord: look at Bay Area Roleplay, their huge Discord couldn't save their server. On top of that, you need a huge playerbase to sustain multiple islands. And the problem is cities such as Liberty City and Vice City are awful for roleplaying, Los Santos has always thrived due to its economical diversity (many ghetto areas contrasted to the hills, the beach and further contrasted by middle America areas such as Downtown), there's really little point including branching out without heaps of custom mapping to be honest. I'm pretty sure English servers have tried Vice City and Liberty City roleplay and quickly realised it falls apart. I wouldn't really be concerned with their project at all.

If Open.MP is to succeed, it's obvious what needs to happen. First of all if Kalcor provides a new stable release that has the DL features, the mod's widespread dominance mission is over, as stated in Y Less' statement. Fianlly, what it actually needs is the support of the big servers and moving over. So, this means LSRP, RCRP, Horizon, Lawless, Italy, CrazyBob's and the rest I forgot. I don't see some of it happening when Zhao was reintroduced to the beta-team of SA-MP.
(2019-04-25, 09:31 PM)Archive Wrote: UGMP will likely flop as it requires downloading gigabytes for their launcher due to custom content last I heard. In addition, they've been building hype for years but in this time most have left San Andreas, in this community you need to act fast as you lose them quicker than you gain them honestly. It's easy to invite/keep people in a Discord: look at Bay Area Roleplay, their huge Discord couldn't save their server. On top of that, you need a huge playerbase to sustain multiple islands. And the problem is cities such as Liberty City and Vice City are awful for roleplaying, Los Santos has always thrived due to its economical diversity (many ghetto areas contrasted to the hills, the beach and further contrasted by middle America areas such as Downtown), there's really little point including branching out without heaps of custom mapping to be honest. I'm pretty sure English servers have tried Vice City and Liberty City roleplay and quickly realised it falls apart. I wouldn't really be concerned with their project at all.

If Open.MP is to succeed, it's obvious what needs to happen. First of all if Kalcor provides a new stable release that has the DL features, the mod's widespread dominance mission is over, as stated in Y Less' statement. Fianlly, what it actually needs is the support of the big servers and moving over. So, this means LSRP, RCRP, Horizon, Lawless, Italy, CrazyBob's and the rest I forgot. I don't see some of it happening when Zhao was reintroduced to the beta-team of SA-MP.

Hard to compare BARP and UGRP. UGRP has been in develoment for a long ass time,?comes with many features that werent possible in SAMP, comes with a ton of new vehicles, weapons, and with two new cities. I do agree that UG is quite a big download compared to samp, but I doubt that'll be a big issue, considering people in SAMP already spent hours modding their game, so why would it be a problem to download a 6 gigabyte installer??

Also, both VC and LC are fine for a RP server. They have different areas where different types of factions could RP. The only thing they don't have is a countryside, but guess what??they both have a country-side/extension thats being worked on, so that would fix the problem I guess?

''I'm pretty sure English servers have tried Vice City and Liberty City roleplay and quickly realised it falls apart.''

Yes, servers have tried this, but only a couple. VCRP on MTA for an example, it was quite hyped but died fast, I tried it and to me it was just a very basic script with a lack of players. There was also an LCRP coming for MTA, which got canceled. Then we had another VCRP, but on SAMP. It also got canceled. Then we had some really bad and basic VCRP, that died in two weeks. And as far as I know, there haven't been any proper LCRP servers on SAMP.

Also, all of these servers didn't really have a strong foundation when they released. They're all the same, nothing new and nothing unique.

Also, IIRC, dkluin already reached out to one of the guys from the open.mp team, and UGMP would eventually be based on open.mp.
Just on the side note, UG is supposed to come with an installer less than 2GB as a lite version for those with slow and limited internet connections.
dkluin really had reached out to the open.mp team.

We really want to have an initial release from our SA:MP fork (UG:MP) in one or two months later, then we'll be able to talk about the title of the thread.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]