• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Official server listing
What will be the requirements? My suggestion is that servers who show quality management and development become official. Not just the most popular, but also the up and coming to drive them dedicated traffic they need to succeed. It's also not far fetched to suggest people pay a fee to maintain the listing as a way to give back to OpenMP/Burgershot.
No...
Retired

Former developer @ Golden Gate RP,?IV.Digital,?Core:RP,?OS:RP, SC:RP, NG:RP, OG:RP, CNRSF, and SWF.
One list. No plans for monetisation or "official" lists.
Oh thank god no hosted tab. Hail OpenMP!

Free & Cheap Hosting.

.com TLD domain?for $0.99.

50% off on Cloud Hosting with Free SSL certificate.

I don't like the one list idea,?I support the idea of an interface that looks like this:

[Image: image.png]

As well as a list of servers that pass certain quality requirements/
(2019-04-29, 09:12 AM)Sasino97 Wrote: I don't like the one list idea,?I support the idea of an interface that looks like this:
https://i.ibb.co/JQMC0D6/image.png

That's expectations.. And this is reality:

(2019-04-29, 09:17 AM)BloodMaster Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 09:12 AM)Sasino97 Wrote: I don't like the one list idea,?I support the idea of an interface that looks like this:

Well, the developers of these MS Store?games could do the same, but they didn't. This means that those who do, do not appear in that place. That's why I would like to see?some kind of quality score, that makes server appear higher, as well as sorting by number of active users.
But of course this won't happen, and I understand why. This is a open-source oriented?project and not a commercial project, so this model has no space here.
Still, I think that supporting a server thumbnail without all the commercial/store stuff would be a useful feature, and a great way to show your player in one image what your server is all about.
(2019-04-29, 10:46 AM)Sasino97 Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 09:17 AM)BloodMaster Wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/kX0fBrq/image.png

Well, the developers of these MS Store?games could do the same, but they didn't. This means that those who do, do not appear in that place. That's why I would like to see?some kind of quality score, that makes server appear higher, as well as sorting by number of active users.

But of course this won't happen, and I understand why. This is a open-source oriented?project and not a commercial project, so this model has no space here.

Still, I think that supporting a server thumbnail without all the commercial/store stuff would be a useful feature, and a great way to show your player in one image what your server is all about.

I completely understand you. I want server thumbnails to be a thing too, but they would at least need to be approved by a few people at the top, which we both know is not going to happen, at least not for now.
The SAMP Servers API by Southclaws has a banner feature in it, which sadly no one uses yet. But can be implemented (or, merged) into the mod. which will allow servers use to their own thumbnails.

Creating a team to control the banners or logos is not a big thing and can be done by the wonderful community we have. Of course, there can be issues but this gives the mod a positive image.

The mod already is open-source and has no plans on monetization, hence can have people who can equally put their time into moderation as much as development.

Furthermore, we can have a limit that a server can only apply for a banner change once in a month, or unless they request from the team if they have good reputation.
That API will have a new frontend soon which will become the new place for ads.

A forum is just not suitable for ads, it requires maintenance. That will all be automated on the new listing website.
(2019-05-02, 06:45 PM)Southclaws Wrote: That API will have a new frontend soon which will become the new place for ads.

A forum is just not suitable for ads, it requires maintenance. That will all be automated on the new listing website.

mmm, I have some design plans for this now uwu
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
If its only going to be one list, is there going to be anything other than ads and word of mouth that show a server is of actual quality and not a edit or otherwise bad?
Stoned Ape