• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] What will happen to the hosted tab of game-mp?
Hello, I have a question about this new project, how will the tabs be with this new mod (Favorites, Internet, Hosted), for those who pay the hosted tab in game-mp with the current SAMP client?

This hasn't really been settled on but :

There will only be one list, this list will contain all servers. The open.mp team is?not planning on monetizing the project in any way, but IF they do : it would probably be by selling "boosts". "Boosts" would put your server at the top of the list, and as other people purchase server boosts your server will slowly move down the list.

Pricing will certainly be a lot lower than a hosted tab spot in SA-MP.
(2019-04-22, 06:35 AM)Codeah Wrote: This hasn't really been settled on but :

There will only be one list, this list will contain all servers. If we do monetize open.mp it would most likely be by selling "boosts". "Boosts" would put your server at the top of the list, and as other people purchase server boosts your server will slowly move down the list. Pricing will certainly be a lot lower than a hosted tab spot in SA-MP.

That's just a bad business model as it will allow the richest servers to stay always at?the top.

What happens when somebody decides to sort by name or by ping or by number of players?

Here's what I suggest for the monetize-model:

Make "Premium" tab instead of "Hosted". Hosted literally means nothing, and you have to let your players know that they're joining a server that paid you to be on the list.

Now, as for the pricing, I think it should be based around how many concurrent players the server has.

If it was that way, we would finally see all those servers with 1000 players maybe decide that they no longer need the Premium/Hosted tab and allow some new servers to become competent.

I think it would be reasonable that you should pay $1-$2 a month just to run a server with more than 50 slots in general as it would help the development and reduce the amount of 0 player servers.
(2019-04-22, 08:18 AM)BloodMaster Wrote:

There will only be one list, this list will contain all servers. If we do monetize open.mp it would most likely be by selling "boosts". "Boosts" would put your server at the top of the list, and as other people purchase server boosts your server will slowly move down the list. Pricing will certainly be a lot lower than a hosted tab spot in SA-MP.

That's just a bad business model as it will allow the richest servers to stay always at?the top.

What happens when somebody decides to sort by name or by ping or by number of players?

Make "Premium" tab instead of "Hosted". Hosted literally means nothing, and you have to let your players know that they're joining a server that paid you to be on the list.

Now, as for the pricing, I think it should be based around how many concurrent players the server has.

If it was that way, we would finally see all those servers with 1000 players maybe decide that they no longer need the Premium/Hosted tab and allow some new servers to become competent.

I think it would be reasonable that you should pay $1-$2 a month just to run a server with more than 50 slots in general as it would help the development and reduce the amount of 0 player servers.

How would you enforce paying just to run an open-source server?
(2019-04-22, 08:38 AM)hual Wrote:

How would you enforce paying just to run an open-source server?

Because master-list

You would only be able to boost your server once or twice a month. So as long as you've got just a few dollars you have the same chance as some of the biggest servers.
(2019-04-22, 09:20 AM)Codeah Wrote:

You would only be able to boost your server once or twice a month. So as long as you've got just a few dollars you have the same chance as some of the biggest servers.

I think my idea is still better and more balanced, at least take it into consideration. It would need a lot of trial and error though.
(2019-04-22, 10:18 AM)BloodMaster Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 09:20 AM)Codeah Wrote:

I think my idea is still better and more balanced, at least take it into consideration. It would need a lot of trial and error though.

It will be taken into consideration, thanks for the suggestion.
We do not have any plans to monetise open.mp at this time.
(2019-04-22, 12:19 PM)Southclaws Wrote: We do not have any plans to monetise open.mp at this time.

Maybe at this time it is too early to talk about it, but I think it would not be a bad option since from my perspective at some point or time this project should monetize to stay working and working properly since apparently this is very encerio, would come well 3 tabs like the current client SAMP favorites, official listing and premium something like that.

Favorites: add your favorite servers

Oficiasl List: list of all servers without exception

Premium: Featured list of paid servers, (It would be nice if this type of tab or service offers something additional)

In bases at the cost of this $$ I think the most efficient would be to set an amount per month and not based on the players or slots of the servers, as well as the other would be the price to always maintain a good low price compared to the current customer .
We were just discussing this what I personally think would be the best is to add a "verified" or "official" tab for now. More should be discussed only when the mod goes up, especially the client.
I propose the following categories:

• All (all servers that run an "announce" binary, including verified and premium)

• Verified (servers that have been quality-checked by the team, after having applied, including premium)

• Premium (servers that are verified and also?pay a small amount of cash:?2-3 USD/month)

This will ensure that serious server owners have priority over copy-pasters and scammers.
I thinks it's completely sufficient to have one master list with the option to filter by certain criteria like:

* empty/not empty (checkbox)

* password/no password (checkbox)

* substring (inputfield)

* category (dropdown)

* language (dropdown)

* ping (slider to choose a range)
Information 
I can not help thinking that it will happen with the hosted tab, I think this service is the one that the server publishes but not the SA: MP client, and if it was not, that does not take away the view of What will happen with the hosted tab? Who will have to pay now if someone uses O: MP ?, Even if it is compatible with SA: MP and if it had to pay for the same game mp, why would it be necessary to pay the wrong people who did not work for a solution?

PD: I have high expectations to see the reaction of the server developers to the launch of the platform, success!
This has been asked before here:
https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=459
https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=429

(2019-05-12, 06:33 AM)Mister Wrote: I think this service is the one that the server publishes but not the SA: MP client, and if it was not, that does not take away the view of What will happen with the hosted tab?
[Image: poe_reading.jpg]
There is a simple answer for that: There will be no hosted tab.
[Image: github-samp-icon.png]
I'll ask again since I didn't get an answer in another thread:

(2019-05-07, 01:12 AM)DTV Wrote: If its only going to be one list, is there going to be anything other than ads and word of mouth that show a server is of actual quality and not a edit or otherwise bad?
Stoned Ape

Will not there be a tab hosted?
(2019-05-12, 02:50 PM)DTV Wrote: I'll ask again since I didn't get an answer in another thread:

(2019-05-07, 01:12 AM)DTV Wrote: If its only going to be one list, is there going to be anything other than ads and word of mouth that show a server is of actual quality and not a edit or otherwise bad?

They said they will announce this eventually. And, there's actually a few threads already made for that that. Take a look at the launcher one where they discussed the banner and shit.
(2019-05-12, 03:14 PM)Mister Wrote: Will not there be a tab hosted?

BigETI has already said this.

THERE WILL BE NO HOSTED TAB!
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
I propose that we merge this thread with another one @ https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=459.