• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] EditClientMessage
Code:
EditClientMessage(messageid, color, string[]);

would be a nice edition so we won't need to spam countdowns/percentages in chat.

but should be similar to CreateObject texturing, like:

[/code]

new lol = SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "hi");

EditClientMessage(lol, 0xFF0000FF, "hello");
Should use a textdraw or GameTextFor* functions instead of spamming the chat.
(2019-05-27, 07:07 PM)XeroX Wrote: Should use a textdraw or GameTextFor* functions instead of spamming the chat.

Point is to not have to spam the chat.

I agree with the suggestion, let's keep in mind the mentioned example is just one of many uses (as the example, as mentioned, is just as fine with other functions)

Think editable messages, either by admins or by yourself: Being able to fix typos without spamming the chat, admins "deleting" offensive messages sent by other players, repeatedly changing the text or color of a message to make it blink or otherwise attract attention (For important warnings or updates etc.)

TL;DR: I support this suggestion
This doesn't make much sense to do really.

The chat isn't designed nor should it be designed to alter it, it's not like Discord where you can edit a message on the fly. The chat is designed to serve the purpose of sending messages to the client,

it wouldn't make sense to implement this sort of idea. This would also cause confusion about logs, as some servers I know rely on logs for evidence, and if it was possible to change this on the fly it would ruin it's credibility (just an example of it's use).

This isn't a feature I would see people dying to have, and I wouldn't use it myself. You have textdraws which was previously mentioned which can do exactly this.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
Im pretty sure OP didnt meant the chat itself to be editable, only the SendClientMessage s from server so if he send a message on OnPlayerConnect with the message "You connected to the server", at OnPlayerSpawn he would edit that message with something like "You spawned" or something instead of sending 2 different messages

Imo it has few use cases but overall is kinda useless
Away
I think it'd be good to anti spam purposes (if I'm understanding this correctly, the function would be able to edit a client message BEFORE its sent out) where someone spams a server IP into the chat for advertisements or something to simply block certain words or phrases from being seen in the message.
Stoned Ape

good idea
Away
(2019-05-27, 09:28 PM)Banditul Wrote: Im pretty sure OP didnt meant the chat itself to be editable, only the SendClientMessage s from server so if he send a message on OnPlayerConnect with the message "You connected to the server", at OnPlayerSpawn he would edit that message with something like "You spawned" or something instead of sending 2 different messages

Imo it has few use cases but overall is kinda useless

Most of the servers already use SendClientMessage to send formatted player messages TwT
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.