• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for the forum
Since there is no place for suggestions, this is as good as any other.

My suggestion is fading out the category icons when all of the threads in said category are read, like it works with topics.

Category has unread topics:
[Image: a1U8GWb.png]

Category has no unread topics:
[Image: 8h7xQtM.png]
My suggestion:

[Image: 6yCVinD.png]

EDIT: This apparently works when zoomed out to 90%. Would like to see it work at 100% zoom
(2019-04-13, 09:53 PM)LaszloR1 Wrote: My suggestion is fading out the category icons when all of the threads in said category are read, like it works with topics.
If there are unread threads, the category icon is red, if there are none, it is yellow/orange. Or is your argument that you want it more consistent?
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.

i don't like the red color on unread topics, i like the fade.
Faith Hills Role-Play

Faith Hills, juego de rol

(2019-04-13, 11:12 PM)klays Wrote: i don't like the red color on unread topics, i like the fade.

The red is to go with the theme, however I don't disagree that a fade would work nicer. However the colour you chose doesn't fit within the colour contrast requirements.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
Cosinstency is very important in UI design, it would even work if the red colour would fade or something. It just doesn't come off as natural atm.
(2019-04-14, 10:50 AM)LaszloR1 Wrote: Cosinstency is very important in UI design, it would even work if the red colour would fade or something. It just doesn't come off as natural atm.

Yes, I agree. I have already made changes to the theme a while ago, but Cloudflare still has it cached. So we have to wait for that to clear.
Remember to always refer to J0sh as `J0sh...`

@ Networks/Servers

San Andreas Gaming Network (Owner/Founder)

San Andreas Gaming (Owner/Founder)

Grand Theft Cop's n Robber's (Owner)

Britannia Roleplay (Owner/Founder) [Retired]

Alpine RP (Owner/Founder)

Aluminium Network (Maintainer) [Disbanded]

AlphaDM (Tech Support) [Disbanded]

# Services

forum.open.mp (Forum Manager) (Formerly Burgershot.gg

open.mp (Member)

~ Languages/Frameworks

Pawn, C, C, C#, Javascript, Typescript, Lua, Python, Go, Rust, PHP, SQL,

Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, Laravel, Rocket
Mobile styling please !
Maybe adding pagination in front/above of a topic also? Since we have to scroll down to go to a next page, and since one?page has a lot of visible posts.
(2019-04-14, 12:14 PM)BlackBank Wrote: Maybe adding pagination in front/above of a topic also? Since we have to scroll down to go to a next page, and since one?page has a lot of visible posts.

or maybe make it fixed element. for pc.
(2019-04-14, 12:35 PM)X337 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 12:14 PM)BlackBank Wrote: Maybe adding pagination in front/above of a topic also? Since we have to scroll down to go to a next page, and since one?page has a lot of visible posts.

or maybe make it fixed element. for pc.

I don't know if a fixed pagination on a forum works that great. Also, for my idea you don't have to redesign/code the whole frontend pagination section.